Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 30, 2008 10:10:14 PM PDT
i have 2 barcodes on the back on my copy of iron man
the original bar code is covered up by a sticker bar code
with some of the numbers changed
hmm never seen this before
could this be significant

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2008 3:09:17 PM PDT
The original UPC is for the first version of the disc, which was recalled due to not playing in numerous players, as well as a problem with the dynamic compression flag. The additional UPC sticker indicates that you have the corrected version of the disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 7:20:01 AM PDT
Mark A. Mace says:
I received my iron man with the new sticker but took it off and threw it away. do i need that code for anything? if i do can you give it to me?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2008 5:17:37 PM PDT
You probably don't need it for anything but here is the info:
Defective UPC: 097361385747
New "Fixed" UPC: 097361385709

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2008 10:43:05 AM PDT
I concluded that the new corrected disc along with the new barcode goes into the old existing printed sleeve/packaging. Did I get this right?

Posted on May 12, 2010 9:09:39 PM PDT
I got a copy with the new barcode, but the disc won't play in my Samsung Blu-Ray Player. How do I go about returning it to Amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2010 10:18:02 PM PDT
You should update the firmware on your player before you do anything. What model do you have?

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 1:01:27 AM PDT
Does this issue also relate to why there seems to be two different packaging versions. Based on pictures I've found on the internet there seems to be one version where the picture on the case is Robert Downey Jr. and not title and on the slip cover is the Iron Man suit with the Iron Man and "Ulitmate 2-Disc Edition." The other packaging appears to be cover art that was on the slip cover except it's directly on the case and there doesn't appear to be a slip cover.
If I had to venture a guess it would be that with the original packaging included the Slip Cover. When it had to be recalled, instead of reprinting the the cover art for the sake of a new UPC they put a sticker on it as was mentioned. Then after the original packaging had be used up they decided that the new ones produce didn't need to include the slip cover. I bought it used and and the set sent to me didn't include a slip cover but i think it was suppose to because it has Robert Downey Jr. on the cover and not Iron man and my UPC matches the defective one. BTW I did test my disc in my PS3 and it seemed fine though I only watch the first minute of the movie
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Sep 30, 2008
Latest post:  May 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions