Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
which batteries communicate with Canon 6D cameras and chargers?
asked by Thomas Morris on January 15, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
the Canon LP-E6 works just fine. As far as I know it works with 5D mkII, mkIII, 7D and 6D. I'm sure it works with other cams too but those are the ones I've personally used.
Punn Wiantrakoon answered on January 15, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
6D uses LP-E6 and the according charger
Thomas Roger Henrichsen answered on January 15, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I know the LP E6 battery does, but beware from whom you order it. I bought an extra here on Amazon, was notified several months later that it might have been counterfeit and might explode if used in the camera. Neither the seller nor Amazon seemed interested in taking any action, so I am out what I paid for the battery. Make sure you get a genuine battery, made for the USA, nt a grey market, possibly counterfeit one.
Gene answered on January 15, 2013

A
The LP-E6 is the battery delivered with the 6d. Buying non-Canon batteries is false economy. They, in my experience, do not last as long and do not perform all of the communication functions.
Dom Miliano answered on January 15, 2013

A
I would only buy genuine Canon batteries. I have aftermarket batteries that seem to communicate with the camera when they are in the battery grip, but with just one in the camera it doesn't communicate, not sure why.
Tzeb149 answered on January 15, 2013

A
The best way to be sure they communicate is to get authentic canon gear. You can get new batteries on amazon for cheap :) I love that the 60d, 6d, 5dmkii and mkii all use the same battery !!
ISH answered on January 17, 2013

A
Stephen answered on February 15, 2014

A
Batteries that say chipped, but I prefer the actual canon brand batteries.
MysterE answered on January 15, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
dont they use the same as 5d mark ll?
marvin answered on January 15, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product