do the batteries run out fast? does this camera have to be charged
asked by Juli Little on October 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
votes
I am not using rechargeable batteries in mine. So far the battery life seems to be good. I do keep my camera turned off when not in use. I've had the camera about 2 mos. now, have taken quite a few pictures and still on the first set of batteries.
Note: with the 26x optical and 26x digital on top of that this camera takes great moon shots. Looks like they were taken through a telescope. Craters are in sharp detail.
Dusty Rhodes answered on October 23, 2012

A
votes
It does not use a charger. It uses 4 alkaline batteries - it doesn't like lithium batteries. But it lasts a good amount of time with 4 batteries. If you don't use video you can take hundreds of pics on those four. But using the video eats up the batteries very quickly.
Brian M. Kilbert answered on October 23, 2012

A
votes
I agree with the preceding comments that normal alkaline batteries last for seemingly a long time: I would estimate 200+ pictures and ~10 videos over a 2 month period (only 1 set so far). However, I was surprised when they finally did run out because the battery icon remained at "full", so I would recommend being prepared with replacements. As CBM notes, the standard AA size is much more convenient than custom batteries.
Reuel answered on October 23, 2012

A
vote
I have not had a problem with the batteries. My use of the camera is occasional so I am not taxing the
batteries to any extent. I don't recall just how long I have had the camera, but to date I have had no need to change the batteries. To my knowledge this camera does not accept charging.
Robert N. Casey answered on October 23, 2012

A
vote
For Juli,
I just bought 2 sets of rechargeable batteries (Bunny Batteries) with chargers and keep them charged up. If you don't want to go the rechargeable route, buy a 16 or 24 pk of AAs and ALWAYS keep an extra set of 4 in your camera bag. That way, if your camera runs out of power, you can pop another set in. My experience is, they last pretty well.
Therapst's Lady answered on October 23, 2012

A
vote
I found that the batteries that came with the camera did not last as long as I thought they would but they were not the best brand. I now have Duracell in the camera. Vidoes will lower the life of the batteries, I have taken hundreds of pics and this set of batteries seem just fine.

Camera does not have a charger.

Regardless, I am very happy with the camera and will recommend it to everyone.
Kindle Guy answered on October 25, 2012

A
votes
Yes, yes the baterries have to be charged
Hugo answered on October 23, 2012

A
votes
As "Traditional Battery" cameras go, this one is much better than most. I've taken a weekend camping trip worth of photos on one set of batteries. I believe that you can buy some rechargeable batteries from the manufacturer and charge them inside the camera, but you may want to check with Nikon about that. I love this camera as a point-and-shoot. Makes a great back-up, but I do have to do some major "blue-shift" corrections in photoshop.
C. Authement answered on October 23, 2012

A
votes
This camera takes 4 AA batteries. Surprisingly, they last a long time. I used it several times, several days a week, and it was at least 2 weeks before i had to change them. I love this camera! It takes amazing close ups & stills. Not great for sports or action bc the pics are blurry. ;0)
JennSilac answered on October 23, 2012

A
votes
The camera doesn't need to be charged, but I'm cautious about having batteries handy when in use. So far I haven't had any problem with batteries going dead quickly, but I'm sure that depends on how often you use it and if you use videos, etc. I believe you can purchase rechargeable batteries, but I haven't done that. Hope this helps!
Kindle Customer answered on October 23, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›