Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Learn more
batteries Can lithium batteries be used with this camera?
asked by senora sg on December 21, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
Any AA standard size battery can be used. I've used Energizer lithium's without a problem. They last quite a while that's for sure. My mainstay of batteries are a set of high capacity rechargeable cells. Seveal here have mentioned Eneloops which work very well. I've had excellent use of a brand called Ansmann with a capacity of 2850 mAh (mill-amp-hours) and also have a set of 2700 mAh as well. Every time they've out performed the listed in the manual number of photos with rechargeable cells.
S. Griggs answered on December 24, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you for this info. I've used the lithiums in the past and will use them with the Canon. I appreciate the info on the rechargeables.
senora sg answered on January 8, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Furthermore, together with quality rechargeables (best choice: Sanyo Eneloop) you should use a quality CHARGER - a cheap one with general time control instead of individual electronic control for each rechargeable cannot use their full capacity, and could spoil them in the long run by overheating.

Check out e.g. this one, if you are using rechargeables for several devices:
La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger
If not, the kit with two Eneloops and a small charger will be sufficient.
Ralf G. answered on March 18, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Energizer does make a "Advanced Lithium" AA battery that is made to use in digital cameras and other high drain devices. They can be found nearly anywhere these days. Amazon carries them too.

http://www.energizer.com/products/lithium-batteries/lithium/Pages/lithium-batteries.aspx
S. Griggs answered on March 7, 2011

A
I bought a eneloop package with charger at Costco.
Ira Friedman answered on April 20, 2011

A
You don't need to tell the camera anything, it knows. NiMH works very well.
JesseKnows answered on February 18, 2012

A
Thank you for the info. I did receive new eneloops and since using them, no probs since.
It appears this camera doesn't like the advanced lithiums. I will keep them as emergency back up while overseas just in case there is not a way to recharge the eneloops. I have 12 of the eneloop 2500mAh and a quick charger, so should be OK! Hopefully.
I will be in the Serengeti so no place to buy batteries!!
Diane Hudson answered on March 1, 2012

A
Some have mentioned that it might be due to the fact that rechargeable cells are 1.2 volts vs regulars are 1.5 volts. The camera might be tripping the light due to the difference in volts. I've taken several 30 min videos per take at a wedding just fine while the light blinked all the time. Never had the warm battery issue though neither on this one or the SX120is I had before.
S. Griggs answered on February 29, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Lithium SHOULD be used with this camera!
I. Gross Georg answered on April 22, 2012

A
rechargeable
Jeff D. answered on April 27, 2014
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product