Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
asked by Amazon Customer on September 7, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Actually, there is a battery pack for sale right here on Amazon, from Gomadic Corp. Search for ASIN: B000SSQC8I
G. Adkins answered on September 18, 2007
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No. You're right. There's a built-in lithium ion battery to power the unit, and the nuvi 370 comes with an AC charger (for plugging into the wall in the home to recharge the built-in battery) and an automotive charger (to power the nuvi and recharge the built-in battery while driving). The reviewer was saying he personally rigged a AA battery pack so he could use his nuvi while riding a bicycle longer in a day than the 4-8 hour nuvi battery life would last.
Hal Lancer answered on September 12, 2007
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Adkins, thanks for the information. Gomadic's battery pack seems to be perfect form me. It is small, light and costs only $19.95. I'm going to order it.
Amazon Customer answered on December 9, 2007
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you very much for the explanation, Ayars. I had no idea it was possible to do something like this.
Amazon Customer answered on December 9, 2007
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product