A battery charger/why not included with device? I know it comes with a USB plug charger ,BUT PLEASE why not a regular charger that I can plug in without a computer.COME ON AMAZON! It seems like your getting cheapy here.I hope this is not what you did with the new kindle hardware?I WANT IT FREE!
[UPDATED] asked by Katie on September 11, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
votes
They want to make more money. Everybody needs this, so this is a sure sale whereas not everybody needs the micro USB to USB cables that they're now supplying with the new Kindles in lieu of a charger. Of course, most tablets come with both. But, like you said, that's Amazon being cheap.

Of course, if you have an old Fire, (I do) I'm sure you can just use the charger that comes with it to charge the new ones.
SciFiDude79 answered on September 13, 2012

A
vote
They want to give you choice. Most people already have several USB chargers lying around the house.
hdtravel answered on September 11, 2012

A
vote
Just call Amazon. I did not order the charger either and they gave me a $10 credit to buy the new adapter (actually $20 since I bought 2 Kindle Fires).
Tana answered on September 15, 2012

A
vote
Wrong, they want to MAKE MONEY after KFHD owners are frustrated that those "several USB chargers" take over a day to power up the TURNED OFF KFHD. The KFHD needs 1.8 amps for fast charging. Those "several USB chargers"? On average, the typical 0.5 amps.

$19.99 for a proprietary wall charger? BWA HA HA HA HA

IDI0TS!
The Mandylion answered on September 18, 2012

A
vote
Ok, so I didn't know it didn't come with a charger until when I logged in to track my new Kindle HD which will arrive today. Now I have to pay full price for the charger?? What a gip! I'm surprised at you Amazon!
L. S. Stiles answered on September 14, 2012

A
votes
If your talking about the new Kindle HD i agree, also you don't get headphones, so if you have just bought it and want play to with it or give it as a gift you need to spend more money. Today money is not as easy to come buy.
MadBoab answered on November 16, 2012

A
votes
I second that statement. I was told my charger that I now have would be used with kindle fire HD. A blantly lie. Get the charger to me or you can have kindle fire back.
Florence D. answered on February 22, 2013

A
votes
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Amazon is making soooo much money...really a underhanded cheap move!!!
Rachael Barbour answered on November 13, 2012

A
votes
Come on Amazon treat your customers right. I already have two kindles and am getting the new model. You already have thousands of my dollars that I have paid to you for prime and all other content over the years. I know that you give a break on the initial cost of the device but I have already spent more ( times ten) than your top end device costs. This will continue as long as you do not mickey mouse me on basics by not including the wall charger. REALLY!!!!
splinter answered on September 14, 2012

A
[Deleted by the author on Sep 15, 2012 5:45:16 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›