Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
What about length of battery holding charge? The last Nikon camera I bought has a battery that doesn't hold a charge, especially when using flash.
asked by Jane on October 20, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
The battery on my Nikon V 1 last forever or so it seems.
John Wright answered on October 22, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
D. Smith answered on October 22, 2012

A
I have used this camera for taking pictures and videos of my daughter's Nordic skiing events in quite cold temps without a battery issue. I do always carry an extra fully charged battery with me.
Mystery Fan answered on October 22, 2012

A
It uses the same battery as the D7000 and D800. The battery life was quite good in my opinion.
Chris answered on October 22, 2012

A
I have 3 Nikon camera bodies and use them all constantly. No complaints about battery life from any. No problem at all with battery life on V1.
John F. Nilsson answered on October 22, 2012

A
The Nikon V1 holds a larger capacity battery (EL15) than its non-viewfinder sister. this is the same battery used in the D800.in . You should be able to get 400 plus shots in jpeg fine mode with a fully charged battery. I always carry a charged spare - just in case its needed; though I don't ever remember needing the spare.
You should do fine with this camera - I love my Vi and use it often, as I am not always lugging 25lbs of d800 and the three 2.8 zoom lenses I use.
Happy shooting, Kenn
kenn answered on October 22, 2012

A
I´m very satisfied with the V1´s batteries but I also switch the display mode to off
Amazon Kundenrezensionen answered on October 22, 2012

A
I am getting 300 or 400 shots on a single charge and still have considerable power left. I am shooting both Raw and JPG.
1962Mets answered on October 22, 2012

A
The battery on the V1 can fire alot of shots between recharge. Of course, using flash, reviewing shots, etc. will reduce the number of shots. In my case, I get at least 100 shots, though I recharge batteries at the end of the day.
You say your last Nikon didn't hold a charge. I find that unusual. All of my bodies D200/D300/D800 have been fabulous with regards to battery life. You might have had a bad battery. Also, 3rd party batteries can be unreliable.
GardenerbobW answered on October 22, 2012

A
I do not use it with a flash a lot but I do think the battery life is good. I am a professional photographer and just bought a Nikon D800 which uses the same battery so if it is good for the much bigger D800 it should be very good for the V1.
Kodachrome man answered on October 22, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product