Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Baby Sale
battery life Any real world feedback on battery life?
asked by Troy Edwards on December 28, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
Your post got me wondering so a did a quick test with these results...

With a freshly-charged one-month-old battery, bluetooth turned on (but not in use), display at full brightness, volume up all the way, GPS turned off, continuously playing Youtube videos (from a big YouTube playlist) over a wifi connection (access point in same room), the battery lasted 3 hours. Specifically, I checked on the device at the 3-hour point, and observed a "low battery" message flashing in the corner of the screen; I didn't let the test continue until the battery was actually completely gone. Note that the device seems to know when videos are being played and doesn't dim the screen after 2 minutes like it normally would, so the screen was at full brightness for the whole 3 hours.

Normally, though, I charge the device every night and it lasts all day. Also, when using GPS on a long trip, I leave it connected to the car charger.
Rogers_Cellar answered on December 28, 2007
Comment | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
With standard battery and continuous usage, I'd say 4 hours.
Ash answered on June 25, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I purchased my 810 two weeks ago (brand new, new battery, etc). I permitted the unit to charge fresh overnight, undisturbed. (full 10 hour charge, without turning the unit on, or otherwise disturbing the unit).

I downloaded the Nokia Video Conversion application, and installed on a Windows Workstation. I also obtained a DVD to WMV conversion software package, and installed it a Windows Workstation.

Using these two software packages, I converted the full length movie "Terminator" (Arnold Schwartznegger, Michael Biehn, etc). I placed the movie on an 4GB SDHC card and installed into the 810.

With the 810 configured: max LCD brightness, GPS off, volume 80%, and networking off, I was able to play the entire movie back with occasional short (30sec) interruptions. After the end credits, the battery indicator had only one bar left, and a short time later (10mins), the battery life went down far enough that the low battery warning indicator came out.

I had to shutdown and charge the unit up again.

Battery life seems OK. As usual, it would be nice if it were another hour longer.
Tom answered on August 13, 2008
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product