1 battery operation with the MB-11 Can you run the camera with a battery in the battery grip, but leave the camera empty?
Funny question, but if I want the MB11 not really for the extra battery power, but for the feel and look - can I just keep the grip on and leave the camera battery chamber empy?
asked by C. Jolly on April 18, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
votes
Yes, you definitely can use the battery grip as the sole source of power. I prefer not to put a battery in the D7000 when the grip is in place. It is simple enough to change the battery in the grip when the battery is exhausted, so there really isn't a need to use two batteries (especially given the long life of the EN-EL15 battery). And you don't have to go into the menus to do this. Simply remove the battery from your camera, and put one in the grip and you are ready to take photos.

I got my MB-D11 three days ago and have been taking photos all three days without a need to make my first battery change (433 captures). Also, my MB-D11 has none of the problems reported by others and is a classic example of Nikon quality.
Randy Garrett answered on September 8, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›