will this jump start a battery right out of the box? or do I need to charge it before? Currently have a dead battery need a Jump box because of the electrical equipment in my vehicle cannot use jumper cables! Will this jump off my battery right outta the box or do I need to Charge it First?

Thanks
asked by Lucky 7 on November 28, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
While it does hold a partial charge out of the box, you really should charge it up before it's first usage. It includes both AC and DC adapters, so you can charge it up from your home AC sockets.
Jcat answered on December 1, 2008

A
votes
I actually just received this product in the mail, and I had a similar question. I was gonna charge the unit, as per the instructions in the manual. But when I plug it in, the LEDs already indicate a FULL charge. Should I charge it anyway?
Gabriel Saraco answered on December 1, 2008

A
votes
ALL batteries self-discharge at some small rate. Charging it before using, and each time you use it, will maximize the life of the battery pack inside. If you use it when it's not fully charged, the pack inside has to work harder. Even if the charging indicator shows that it's full, it could be partially discharged, since there are only 3 charge indicator lights. I recommend charging it until the green light flickers.
c3o7l4 answered on August 24, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›