Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 22, 2011 3:45:52 PM PDT
ILoveJesus<3 says:
I am a christian who is a teacher in the public school system and it is all because of Good News Clubs. It is ludicrous to say that "... its ultimate aim is to destroy the system of public education as we know it." If anything it is placing caring loving teachers in the field.

WOW. Obviously this person does not understand what Good News Clubs are all about. God be with her and open her eyes to the truth.

Psalm 119:18
Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 7:30:21 AM PDT
Luv2read says:
What a horrible assault on the children of America. Teaching them things such as being kind to one another, putting others needs ahead of their own, to obey their parents, and that they are responsible for their actions. Compare this type of assault to kids shooting kids at school, teen suicide, broken homes and families, and of course there is no comparison right? Mainstream America has no problem with allowing their kids to attend clubs where these types of character-building principles are emphasized. What parent wouldn't want their children to have character?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011 4:03:16 PM PDT
I am so sickened at the thought of a book being written to discredit the time and heart that the Good News Club staff give in order to reach out to our children. I am one of those people who give of my time and feel that there is a need in the school system to show so many children that there is someone in this world to love them. Heaven forbid that we encourage this generation to love one another. They need to know that they have a God who loves them no matter what. Maybe the author of this book needs to be told the wonderful Good News. She is in my prayers.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 5:35:34 AM PST
I am so very encouraged to see these previous posts, and to know that there ARE still people who see the utter insanity involved in a person writing a book like this - and in a publisher opting to publish it! This is clearly a spiritually (and perhaps emotionally) damaged woman - and CEF's movement to proclaim the Good News to the children of the world is most certainly NOT the source of her problems! I'm very sorry if she doesn't approve of simple Christian teachings, but SHE had to sign the permission slip permitting her child to be a part of the club - and CEF has always been very up-front about who they are, why they exist, and what happens in clubs. Furthermore, THEY INVITE - AND EVEN ENCOURAGE - THE PARENTS TO COME ATTEND THE CLUBS, TOO! They WANT parents to be directly involved in this process, and it's not the fault of the ministry if Katherine Stewart had too little time to participate in her children's lives to know what they were being taught.

There's absolutely nothing "stealth" or "deceptive" about Child Evangelism Fellowship - they are the real deal, and their ministry will stand up to any scrutiny that intelligent people (unlike this particular author, it seems) choose to hold them to. Thanks to the writers of these previous posts, for not being afraid to speak the TRUTH - and for recognizing incorrect information and jaded opinions when you see it. We most certainly need to pray for the soul of this author - for her heart of stone to become a heart of flesh (to borrow the Bible's terminology) - for her to HEAR and be changed by the same Good News that was being presented to her children - and, most urgently, for this awful book to be read and believed by nobody.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 10:57:48 AM PST
Patrick Dunn says:
Seeing as how the book has just been published today, I'll hold off reading comments until people have actually read the book.

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 10:02:31 PM PDT
Aquaria says:
Gee, you've never heard of infiltrating and destroying from within?

You're a dupe, and you don't even know it. How pathetic.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 1:35:29 PM PDT
flamenco says:
As a teacher, what do say to the child you asks if the bible stories are true stories? Do you tell them the truth or do you say "yes, they are"?

I am interested because I too am a teacher and firmly believe it is a teacher's duty to be honest and truthful and help children develop critical thinking, open minded enquiry and a healthy scepticism of everything they encounter.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa059c558)

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 22, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Good News Club: The Christian Right's Stealth Assault on America's Children
The Good News Club: The Christian Right's Stealth Assault on America's Children by Katherine Stewart (Hardcover - January 24, 2012)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (76)