Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 3, 2010 5:31:36 PM PDT
K. Oss says:
blows away Saturday Night Wrist

Posted on Apr 4, 2010 9:00:25 AM PDT
true

Posted on Apr 10, 2010 11:48:19 AM PDT
Yithomit says:
Do you mean to tell me this is better than white pony?!

Posted on Apr 19, 2010 10:38:03 AM PDT
R. Roque says:
yes this is better than white pony, chino sounds amazing

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2010 4:03:13 PM PDT
Yithomit says:
Wow now im really excited, more so than any album in quite a while. Thanks

Posted on Apr 24, 2010 9:01:15 AM PDT
Yithomit says:
samples dont really show what you guys are saying but we shall see

Posted on Apr 29, 2010 3:34:41 AM PDT
Benniebo1 says:
It's on par with White Pony, fantastic album, easily their best effort since WP, only gripe: the inner sleeve is weak, just black pages with lyrics. Touching comment on last page for Chi from the band. Highly Recommended!

Posted on Apr 30, 2010 8:23:05 PM PDT
amazing. I own all the albums. I like them all for what they are. today i blasted the "fur" with my sunroof open, like years ago. i like snw,and wp and st and all. This new album is incredible

Posted on May 4, 2010 11:20:34 AM PDT
You know, I'd have to agree. Although I liked White Pony far more than Around the Fur. I still think this is...wait for it...the best Deftones record ever recorded. .

Posted on May 4, 2010 11:57:05 AM PDT
for Deftones, there is no "best album". and that is why we love them :)

Posted on May 6, 2010 11:47:57 AM PDT
It's better than the self titled Deftones album in 2003. That was by far, their worst one. I love all the others, though.

Posted on May 8, 2010 12:01:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2010 12:07:22 PM PDT
I grew up on Deftones' Adrenaline and Around the Fur albums. Adrenaline was maybe their most raw, yet I think it was a truly pioneering effort. It featured an unrelenting barrage of heavy guitar and Chino vocals. Since those two albums, their sound has certainly changed a bit.

Diamond Eyes is an excellent release. Same old Deftones sound (post Around the Fur), which is just what we all wanted. Chino is as good as ever on vocals and the song writing is varied and interesting all the way through. From a song writing perspective, I actually think this is their strongest release. Maybe White Pony is better from that perspective, but it's close.

Get well soon, Chi!!!

Posted on May 14, 2010 6:13:14 PM PDT
Ethan C. F. says:
I'm sorry, White Pony is still their best. It blows every other album of theirs out of the water (and I freaking LOVE Diamond Eyes, as well as the rest of their stuff)

Posted on Oct 10, 2010 4:22:16 AM PDT
H. Rojas says:
I love all their albums. If I had to rank them, Adrenaline would be ranked last. Diamond Eyes was great. It would be somewhere near the top. It's on par with White Pony.

Posted on Sep 23, 2011 9:06:08 PM PDT
Scamp4553 says:
I personally did not like White Pony at all after I heard Knife Party, but I loved the other songs. Diamond Eyes is fantastic, probably the best CD ever made. Adrenaline was their worst one for me, as well, H. Rojas.

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 2:29:04 PM PST
It's hard to say what the Deftones best album is because they change their style so much. Adrenaline succeeded in the hardcore/metal area, Around the Fur acted like a bridge between "Adrenaline" and "White Pony" in the sense that it was more melodic but kept the metal edge, "White Pony" was the breakthrough experimental album that fused metal and melody beautifully, "Deftones" was kind of the in-between album that was getting us ready for "Saturday Night Wrist", "SNW" took their experimentation to the next level while maintaining a melodic metal feel, and finally "Diamond Eyes" is like a combination of all the last albums into one and I personally think it's too generic sounding and polished. There are a couple good songs but honestly, I forget what most of them sound like.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 2:59:27 PM PST
Obiturized says:
I agree, and I'm a Deftones fan from 1998, which is when I first got into them, I stopped buying their albums after 'White Pony' I don't know why, since I loved that record, but this album here blew my mind, I think if anything, they have gotten even better, and that's not easy with an incredible band of this stature, and their new one 'Koi No Yokan' is superb as well, if you don't have it yet, GET IT!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Diamond Eyes forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diamond Eyes
Diamond Eyes by Deftones (Audio CD - 2010)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (142)