Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Celebration forum

Who's the better artist, Madonna or Lady Gaga?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 26, 2011 8:14:35 PM PST
Elden says:
I would have to say Madonna definately! Everthing Gaga is doing now Madonna has done before.

Posted on Feb 26, 2011 9:33:11 PM PST
Michael says:
They're both good. I prefer Madonna right now but I love GaGa too.

Posted on Feb 27, 2011 6:06:12 PM PST
Ken Lau says:
Madonna have been time-tested, so to speak, as she is approaching her 30th year in the music biz. We'll see if Gaga will be another icon, or go the way of the Spice Girls, Cyndi Lauper and so many others.

Posted on May 9, 2011 7:47:02 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I have to say I love both of them. Madonna will always be the original, the pioneer. But let's face it, she's just not as popular with the younger generation anymore. Probably doesn't help that radio stations all but ignore her nowadays. Lady Gaga is filling that void, and is doing a damn fine job. While she's definitely following in Madonna's footsteps, she seems to have more of a need to say something than Madonna. Born This Way is looking to be the album of the decade.

Posted on May 14, 2011 11:33:48 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 3, 2014 6:04:58 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 10:30:14 AM PDT
There is only one Madonna and there will always be one Madonna, Lady Gaga is probably going to be the next Madonna "passing the crown" so to speak! Madonna has sooo many Hits and sooo many videos. I believe Lady Gaga will be just as popular.

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 2:32:47 AM PDT
Art Lover says:
As I have said in other forums, MADONNA is a diamond and gaga is a cubic zirconia. The two don't even belong in the same category as far as I'm concerned. MADONNA is currently in the studio working on her new album and gearing up for a new tour and I guarantee that she will blow gaga away, just wait and see.....

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 11:07:25 PM PST
Rita Retardo says:
this isn't even a question. lady gaga is a mimic. she wouldn't exist if there hadn't been a madonna.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 1:41:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2012 1:50:18 PM PST
alysha25 says:
See I totally disagree. I love Lady Gaga, and never liked Madonna. I think guys like Madonna, because they find her sexy. But Madonna seems to take herself more seriously, and I didn't care for her pop hits , nor her over the top sexy style.

Gaga is sexy but also has a sense of humour about the whole thing. I don't think she imitates Madonna. More like she almost parodies herself. . She needs a new great hit as good as "Bad Romance".
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Celebration forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Feb 26, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Celebration
Celebration by Madonna (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars (221)