Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: bionaturae Organic Spaghetti, Gluten Free, 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 4, 2011
This is the best gluten free spaghetti noodle I have used (although I must admit I have not tried Schar's spaghetti and it is probably good also as their other pastas are). All of bionaturae pastas are excellent as well.

After a little research on pasta there are some helpful hints that work with all types of pasta but are especially important with gluten free spaghetti.
Use as much water as your pot can hold, want good spaghetti, buy a bigger pot or use two pots that are appropriate for 6 ounces of pasta instead of 12 ounces.
*** Lots of water is vital to prevent spaghetti from sticking together.****
Too little water, the pasta becomes sticky as well as mushy.
NEVER add oil, I know it seems like a great idea but not only does not prevent spaghetti from sticking together but actually makes it more likely to occur.

Adding salt to water is helpful but not necessary.

Try adding your spaghetti very quickly, not slowly a few pieces at a time. Again, it seems like a good idea but it promotes sticky & mushy pasta. Why you ask? Because all pastas gluten free and non gluten free release a starchy substance that coats the pasta with in the first 2-3 minutes of being placed in boiling water. This is commonly called glutinous starch but of course it is not the wheat, rye or barley protein gluten. So adding individual strands prolongs this process of starch releasing and coating the strands of pasta increasing the likelihood of spaghetti stuck together. **** This is why is very, very important to use lots of water, and stir the pasta in the boiling water for the first 2-3 minutes to disperse the coating of sticky starch.****

Then proceed with package directions on timing of pasta. Of course I occasionally am distracted and boil the spaghetti noodles too long and am reward with mush.

Best of Luck.

PS my gluten free friend, Glutenfrieda is now making ice cream sandwiches that excellent.
on July 14, 2010
I am a dad that can boil water, and following the directions explicitly and remembering to start the timer when the water starts to boil again allowed me to make something that my pasta loving kids (17 & 20) enjoy. The first time it was a bit salty for our taste, but a very brief spray of water took care of that. I add a half a pad of butter on the pasta after draining to avoid the glumping other reviewers caution against.

The lack of a gf pasta alternative had put a crimp in our revised meal planning. No longer. And since it stores well in the 'frigerator, we have even more options. For example, the pasta stays firm and tasty after sauteing, something I heard other gf pastas fail at, with green onions and sliced mushrooms. The microwave does not turn it into goo.

My same thoughts apply to their bionaturae Organic Penne Rigate, Gluten Free, 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)
on July 7, 2013
I've tried many brands and this one takes the cake. The noodles,although a little rubbery compared with regular ones, stay firm long after cooking them unlike other brands. No corn is used so there's no overpowering corn flavor either. Most gluten free noodles turn to mush shortly after cooking them, but not this one. All in all, my search is over. This is now a regularly stocked item in my household.
on November 23, 2009
Bionaturae GF Spaghetti tastes better then any others that we tried. It's made from rice, potato and soy. It's very fast to cook - 6 min, and no need to drain. It's important to follow instructions and cook the exact time listed on the package, otherwise it will get too soft. It's a perfect texture, and I like it now even better then the glutenous spaghetti that I used to it. It's a great price here, and I can't wait till it comes back in stock.
on February 22, 2012
This is the best gluten free pasta out there...my kids and I have tried as many as we can find. Hint--add a little canola oil (I don't know why the canola works and others haven't, I learned it from a chef a a celiac camp I went to last summer with my son--and it works) to the water while you are boiling and stir stir stir--I use a spaghetti spoon. Do not walk away...If any of the strands start to stick together, use a fork and gently press against the side of the pot to make them come apart...then continue stirring. It's 8-10 minutes out of your evening, but if you miss spaghetti, it's totally worth it! This is not a pasta you want to assign to someone with ADHD (my husband cannot stand over the pot for the total of 10 minutes of stirring it takes..he grows bored) lol, my point is that you have to pay attention to it to get it done right, and when you do it right it is just like regular pasta! I have made it many many times with perfect results...good stuff!
on June 16, 2013
This is the closest to the best pasta made. I have tried them all and this is the best trust me.
on June 12, 2013
This is quick and easy to make. It does not require an extra rinse like other GF products, and it tastes GOOD. Like real spaghetti. My fiance, friends, etc, can't tell that it is GF (which is the main thing I'm going for). I love this stuff!
on July 30, 2014
Gluten free means no inflammatory compounds like that found in wheat. This pasta, if cooked properly, ends up as good as wheat-based pasta.

Cooking, what I do:

1. Add to 8 mins in boiling water with salt, no oil. Stir every few mins.
2. Drain well but not with cold water, using strainer.
3. Put pasta back in pan, add a little oil, mix, then leave in pan with lid for 10 mins. This lets the water soften the pasta fully.
on February 19, 2016
Best gluten free pasta there is! You can't tell a difference. If you cook too much, store in a zip lock (take most the air out) with a tiny bit of water or it will dry and harden and you can't really re-moisten gf pasta.
on January 29, 2012
I have never been a fan of regular pastas but my wife would eat pasta everyday and anyway it was fixed. She was diagnosed with celiac disease about 4 years ago so we needed to find a pasta that she could eat. After many trial and error processes we tried the Bionature pastas and they are wonderful. Even I enjoy this pasta, and we eat it at least twice a week.
It is more epensive that other gluten free pastas, but it is well worth the extra cost. I order the spaghetti, macaroni, fusilli, and the penne rigata by the case (6 or 12 pkgs.), and I have found no place cheaper than Amazon, especially with their free shipping. bionaturae Organic Penne Rigate, Gluten Free, 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)bionaturae Organic Spaghetti, Gluten Free, 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)bionaturae Organic Fusilli, Gluten Free, 12 Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)bionaturae Organic Elbow Pasta, Gluten Free, 12 Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)