5.0 out of 5 stars Great refill for Pen MOD
I bought these refills and modified them to fit in Pilot G2 and Q7 pens. These refills are awesome, no noticeable drag when writing compared to the original Pilot pens. Any one wondering if they should try this MOD should and just google for help. All that is required for this mod is cutting the plastic cap end 1/8 off to if in a Pilot pen.

Works beautifully...
Published on April 27, 2006 by iMigraine

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Expect Them to Last a Long Time
These fit my meisterstuck nicely. But, as many others have mentioned, they do not last very long. This is not a recent problem; I have had trouble with refills for the 10+ years I have owned the pen.
Published on October 31, 2010 by Sand Dog Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Great refill for Pen MOD, April 27, 2006

Works beautifully and writes the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Expect Them to Last a Long Time, October 31, 2010
Sand Dog Dave (San Diego, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mont blanc usa 15158 Medium Point Rollerball Refill, 2 per Pack, Black Ink (Office Product)

1.0 out of 5 stars MB Refills seem to be bad, no matter the color..., July 21, 2008
Summary: If your MB refills suck, don't worry! It's how they are. Don't assume they're counterfeits- I think that's just brand mythology, at least in real retail outlets in the US. However, if you are willing to give them another go at less than full cost, call Mont Blanc and they should be able to arrange something. If not, take them back to the store from which you got them.

I'm a fountain pen guy, but everyone has to journey back to the dark side once and a while while filling out a form. For a long time, I'd just kept a Parker Jotter w/ a Parker Gel refill in my bag just in case, and it was serviceable, though it did suffer from running out very quickly as well as random dry outs that no amount of spit or hot water could bring it out of. That said, it worked- though you did end up wasting a bit of cash on the Parker brand. They make nice fountain pens, and made nicer ones in their hayday, but their Gel pens... meh. So, out looking for a new rollerball or gelpen to be my just-in-case pen I was convinced by a friend to try out a Mont Blanc. We went to a local pen shop and I tried out some of the higher end FPs- I'd only used some of the sub-$500 MB FPs; and in their world, that's cheap- as well as their ball pens. My friend spoke well of the MB rollerball refills- and the clerk, not surprisingly, raved about them. Neither actually used them, so I suspect a rather simple minded attachment to brand or image.

Much to the chagrin of the clerk, I decided to play it safe and just buy a pack of the MB refills, using some hackish engineering to shoe-horn the refill into a very secure screw-top Esterbrook that was quite nibless. At first, I was pretty pleased with myself- not only did I have what was supposed to be the finest writing refill on the planet (according to the clerk and MB), I managed to make it happen in a much classier pen than any modern MB could aspire to be.

In the end, the rollerball fared much worse than the medium-quality Parker Gel refills did. I don't know how often they run out- I never managed to get past 3 days before it dried out. The first one lasted two days, and in the second one I borrowed a friend's Starwalker Fineliner and had it go three days. To round out the experience, the refills suffered from chronic skipping that wasn't helped by all of the random suggestions I got.

I'd read a bunch about "counterfeit" refills, and in the interest of science got a MB rep's phone number from the pen shop- they sent out a new pack of 2 refills for a small fee, which is pretty lame but understandable. With these, I managed only 3 days again, with each refill being split into being used in the Estie and the MB to see if there was a difference.

In the end, MB makes a lot of over-priced plastic doo-hickeys. I'm sure it's a good way to buy some cred around the country club, but as far as writing utensils go they're pretty third tier. I didn't expect much from a rollerball refill in general, but for refills that cost $5 each I expected something quite a bit better than the Parker or generics I usually use. In fact, I got worse.

For the $12.50 I spent on the original refills and the S/H fee I paid later, I could've just bought a bottle of Noodler's Ink, or better yet, bought one of those fountain pen ink refillable rollerball pens and skipped over re-learning the lesson that "Mont Blanc is nothing but jewelry for dandies, not serious pens for people who write." Live and learn!

1.0 out of 5 stars Writes great but only for short time., July 16, 2009
weavelink (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
My first refill of the two in the package lasted less than a month before it dried up while the fineliner that was included when I purchased starwalker lasted about 6 months. I'm already on the second cartridge and hoping this will last a little longer than the first cartridge.

4.0 out of 5 stars Came as ordered, works as expected, September 5, 2011
S Λ F 1 (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
I have bought original Mont Blanc refills for my starwalker pen at Mont Blanc stores and they never lasted more than a couple of months, even when I don't use the pen. I am agreeably surprised that these have been going for the last 4 months, and I am using the pen more than i did before.

I feel one has to keep using them regularly otherwise the ink dries up, and it feels like a cheat. So it's not the quality of the refill, it's usually that lack of use makes the buy not worth it. If you are not using your refill, remove it and cap it.

5.0 out of 5 stars They work, December 24, 2007
In my pen, a starwalker, the original ink lasted about 5 months with regular writing. This refill fits the pen, is not loose or otherwise poor quality, and writes like the original did.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for a week or two, February 7, 2013
Smith (Blacksburg, VA) - See all my reviews
This insert was amazing at first. Wrote smoothly and the ink dried immediately. Better than anything I've tried.

A couple weeks of light use and it's no longer working at anywhere near an acceptable level. Writes like a knife; ink doesn't flow properly.

Will not purchase these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Disappointed, June 7, 2012
Quality is apparent. These refills last a long time. I write little notes frequently and the ink flows effortlessly each time I write. Highly recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a nice way to write, October 24, 2013
hlew "4 timer" (Palos Park, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
This refill I am using with a pen body made for it even though it is not a Mont Blanc so I am getting the joy of writing with a Mont Blanc pen without the high price of a Mont Blanc pen body. It writes so very nice and makes me want to toss the computer aside and write more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Pilot G2 replacement., August 5, 2013
I purchased these in order to modify them with use in a Pilot G2. The quality of those refills is much better than the standard rollerballs that come with a G2. They wrote relatively smooth and the ink dries quickly.