Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 4, 2010 1:17:35 AM PST
My Fantasia 2000 Blu plays fine, but the original fantasia won't load. I get the previews but when they're over, just blank screen forever. I thought it was a defect so I exchanged it. Same story with the new set. A firmware upgrade came out for my player 2 months ago and I'm waiting for that in the mail to see if an upgrade will fix it. Anyone else have this problem?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2010 6:03:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2010 6:03:34 AM PST
wisdomstar says:
I had the same problem and am returning my copy for a refund.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2010 9:23:00 PM PST
I have the same problem, but mine won't even do previews, just loads to a black screen. 2 different ps3's and a sharp blu ray player, all same deal. I have 95 other blu rays that play fine on all three players. So it's obvioulsy the Disc. I have only had problems with ONE other disc "lady in the water".

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 10:09:45 PM PST
I had the same problem it was the first time I had to put firmware updates but after the updates my fantasia disc was working fine, more than likely it is a firmware problem and not a disc problem!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2010 5:30:33 PM PST
Thank You. I was hoping to hear this from someone. I thought it was probably a firmware problem but it just seemed wierd that one disc in the set would work and the other not. I'll stop returning discs and wait for the upgrade.

Posted on Dec 27, 2010 4:20:54 PM PST
I got Fantasia for Christmas. The sound is horribly distorted, so we're going to return it to Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2011 9:13:45 AM PST
TeeBee says:
I have the same problem on a Sony deck that is only two years old. All I can view is Disney's damned endless trailers, oh THEY play just fine, but feature won't load. Maybe if Disney didn't overload the disc with promos it would play. I'm not thrilled that I'll need to be downloading firmware apparently forever to get this format to work - I heard BluRay was not quite ready when it was rushed to market, apparently this is so. The upshot is, I will think twice before"upgrading" to discs that may or may not play, and will wait even longer to embrace thrilling new technologies. Like, talk to me about 3D TV in another five years.

Posted on Jan 28, 2011 2:21:10 AM PST
J. Gibson says:
I'm so glad to see this is probably a firmware issue. Do you ask the manufacturer for the firmware upgrade or download it and if so from where???

Posted on Mar 7, 2011 2:42:44 PM PST
I had to update the firmware for my old Sony player to get "Fantasia" to play. It worked, but man---this disc still takes FOREVER to load--- it has by far the longest start-up time, as compared to any other Blu-ray in my collection.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2011 2:43:46 PM PST
Do a google search---type in the name/model number of your player, and "firmware update," and you should easily find out all you need to know to update your player.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Dec 4, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fantasia / Fantasia 2000 (Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Fantasia / Fantasia 2000 (Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) by Leopold Stokowski (Blu-ray - 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (427)