Customer Discussions > The Host: A Novel forum

bonus chapter???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 30, 2010 9:26:15 PM PDT
aen says:
this was posted on SM website a few days ago:

"Good news: The Host paperback is now available for pre-order. I have just heard from the publishing company that the paperback release will have a Reading Group Guide that includes the following:
New, never-before-published "bonus chapter"
An interview with Stephenie
Discussion topics and questions
Stephenie's annotated playlist"

umm... what? bonus chapter??? wth? i dont want to rebuy the book; i already have it! why is there a bonus chapter? why was it not in the hardback copies?? what am i missing??? gah!! does anyone know?

Posted on Mar 31, 2010 9:55:58 AM PDT
From what I've read online there is going to be a movie from the book. The bonus chapter is a part of the movie that SM decided to add to the book. *Fingers Crossed* there will be a way to get the bonus chapter without rebuying the book. I've already bought it twice and would rather not have to rebuy it yet again.

Posted on Mar 31, 2010 3:01:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2010 3:02:32 PM PDT
Jeci B. says:
I believe the next book is called the Soul.this book [Host] is going to become a trilogy..... go to goodreads.com.

Posted on Apr 1, 2010 2:12:32 PM PDT
Dawnlight says:
Oh wow, that's cool! I'm excited for the movie (as long as the keep do justice to it...), and that makes me want to read the bonus chapter even more. Maybe I'll go to the bookstore and read it in the store . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2010 2:19:00 PM PDT
I read the bonus ch and I was like this was a waste of my time. It was about
Melanie waking up and what not and was about stuff I already knew happened because they explained it when Wanda woke up in her new body. The ch was not badly written it was just plain old unnecessary. So my advice is to read it in the store if you must but it's really not necessary

Posted on Sep 16, 2010 4:12:32 PM PDT
B.E. Love says:
the reason it was added/ written was because they needed melanies perspective for the movie and then she decided to add it to the paper back.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2012 3:20:45 AM PDT
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-host/articles/74123/title/host-bonus-chapter tht is the bonus chapter just so u can see it :D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Host: A Novel forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Mar 30, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Host
The Host by Stephenie Meyer (Paperback - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (5,690)