Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2008 6:42:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2008 6:58:55 PM PST
Tom Castro says:
I need ideas of books with the same comic-like content as "Diary of a whimpy kid" but that are still books and not comic books. My son is 10 and was not into reading, this book totally brought him out of thinking reading was a chore and loves the style of this book because he's too old for picture books. The book has the little cartoons in it and he loves it. I think the second one isn't due out until Feb 2008. Does anyone know if there are similar books but by a different Author?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2008 5:04:44 AM PST
Catsby says:
Hey! I had the same question and was going to post it until I saw your question. My son who HATES to read LOVES this book and the 2nd one too! We will order the 3rd book but in the meantime, yes are there any other books LIKE this one? I wish I knew! This is like a "picture novel" so maybe looking under the words, "picture novel" will bring up some suggestions...I'll update if I find anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2008 5:08:54 AM PST
Catsby says:
I've posted a new post with the topic Diary of a Wimpy Kid to try to get some readers to respond with that title. I'll let you know if I get any suggestions.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2008 5:10:40 AM PST
Catsby says:
Someone suggested Captain Underpants which is true. My sons like the books.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2008 7:38:23 AM PST
aboleyn says:
I, too, have a 10 year old son who has been reluctant to read. He has loved the "Diary of a Whimpy Kid" series. Book 2 is already out. I asked him what he would recommend and he said I should mention the "Stink" series by Megan McDonald. Funny writing and he has really wanted to now read because of these books. Also, he has enjoyed the "Ordinary Boy" series by William Boniface. Anything that gets them to read!

I hope this helps. Both series are on Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2008 6:13:24 AM PST
Steph Harris says:
My son also loved "Geranimo Stilton" books, which are "pictured", too. I hope your son likes them.

We also loved the Hank Zipzer books, which are written the way a kid talks, so they are very readable. They are written by Henry Winkler.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about