I can not kill the Capra Demon. He is kicking my a$$ left and right all over the place. I can't even kill the dogs. The best I have done is killed one dog but then the other dog and the Capra Demon trapped me against a wall and I was toast quick.
I'm a soul level 21 knight with all knights armor, Knight Shield +3, Short Sword +3, 10 Estus Flasks, and Charcoal Pine Resin.
Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Have you gotten the Drake Sword from the Dragon across the bridge? Get a bow, 30 Large Arrows, and aim for the tail. You cannot get a crossbow it won't work. You also need 16 Strength to 2 hand it, but you will find a lot of content to be much easier with this sword.
Once you have that sword, you can one shot the dogs. You can also plunge attack off the stairs, his attacks are fairly predictable, however I also fought him at Soul Level 30, you should also have an Estus Flask +1 if you went to the chapel and killed the gargoyle boss(And even if not, been in that area)
Biggest problem seems to be the weapon. Also hope you put some points into Vitality and Endurance. Vitality for obvious reasons, and Endurance(Stamina) controls if you have enough stamina to block an attack, or if the attack goes through and you take damage.
I also had a TON of problems with the Capra Demon... the problem is the area is too small to evade 2 dogs and the demon. So get some humanity, revive yourself, and summon some phantoms to help you. Phantoms make boss battles 400% easier.
You don't have to hit the dragon in the tail to get the sword. Anywhere on the body is fine. Once you achieve a certain amount of dmg, the tail is awarded. I have got the sword 3 times (ng++) by shooting it in the head.
Edit: Tip for Capra Demon - if you have the pyromancy spell Iron Skin, cast it as soon as you enter and then attack with your best weapon/spell. Ignore the dogs until the demon is dead.
1. Get lighter armor. Heavy armor shouldn't be worn until your endurance is high enough so that your total equip burden is only half of the max. Running fast/rolling >>>>>>>>> a little more armor.
2. Make sure your shield has 100% physical resist and be sure to block a lot. All of capra demon's attacks can be blocked except for his crazy double downward thrust thingy with both weapons. Well, that can be blocked too, but you generally fall down after blocking it and you might lose a large chunk of health as well depending on your shield's stability. For safety, you'll want to roll if he starts to jump at you, but wait until he gets closer to you or he'll simply turn to hit you anyway.
3. You need to upgrade your weapon really bad. And I don't meant upgrade as in blacksmith upgrade, I mean you need a new weapon. Go scimitar or Drake's sword if you can get it. Short Sword vs. capra demon is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. It's crippling you straight from the get go.
4. Kill the dogs first, you did that right. Always do it that way or you'll get randomly bit while trying to get away from the capra demon. The ironskin thing might work too. Never tried it.
5. Keep trying. He's an annoying boss. His powerful double downward thrust attack can kill you in one hit if you don't have enough health and it's hard to detect before it's almost hit you. This fight was designed to be over quick. There's no glitch that I'm aware of to exploit in order to kill him, you just have to get better at dodging/blocking his attacks and whenever you do get hit, go up the hill, drink a estus flask quick, and then jump back down before he lunges up the hill at you. You can always summon people to help you and likely finish the fight rather quickly, but it kind of ruins the challenge imho.
You only need 13 strength to 2hand the drake's sword. 16 strength to 1H it. I wouldn't suggest going up against the capra demon without a shield. Stamina < stability and poise. While it's still definitely important, the stability of your shield lowers the amount of stamina reduction you suffer from a hit. Poise lowers the chances that you'll stagger when blocking or when you get hit, leaving you available to attack after.
I'd suggest grabbing the Wolf's Ring in the forest. It'll make the fight significantly easier since you won't get knocked to the ground near as often when the capra demon hits you.
Thing is the Drake Sword almost makes the fight too easy, as well as the Gargoyle fight. If you put some points in Vitality, as long as you know how to block, potion, and get away from the more annoying attacks, it doesn't take too many hits.
Sorcerer's Garb is great to hit 25% burden. The Shield from the Hollow Warriors is really good, although the Crystal Shield in the Depths off the vendor is your next upgrade. Good tip about Stability I'll have to watch that stat as well as physical resistance.
I'm sure that is it possible, I just know that it took me around 18-20 arrows to the tail to get awarded the sword. Now question about the Resin, from what I saw, it's a temporary enchant, is there anything that could permanently make a weapon fire, lightning, or magic based, or do you have to shell out souls every time?
Run in and roll on the left side, if your lucky you will get past the dog and demon. Then run up the stairs, and onto the little wood thing to the right. Immediately race the stairs with your shield out and kill the dogs. Be patient as the demon cant hit you here. Once the dogs are dispatched you won the fight basically. If you can't beat the demon alone you will stand no chance to anything later on.
Agree with the previous poster. The stairs were the only way I could dispatch the two annoying dogs. The moment the Capra demon was up the stairs, I jumped off and then was up the stairs again when the demon jumped off as well. Good luck. There'll only be five million other hard bosses to replace him. -__-
Just a heads up... the Capra Demon is WAAAAYYYY more powerful in NG+. I died 20 times in a row (mostly INSTANT deaths) before finding a way to beat him. You'll never make it to the stairs alive in NG+.
It's funny how we are all different. I had a harder time with the Bell Gargoyle then either Capra or Smough and Ornstein.
Everyone took care of how to take out Capra. I went heavy-ish build (right under 1/2 equip limit), with Drake Sword and Heater Shield. Just blocked the initial onslaught while backing up the stairs...Dogs followed first, easy kills...and then Capra is so slow to follow, you can just run circles up the stairs..he follows...jump down, he jumps down slow, takes time to recover...and you can either hack him 2-3 times and repeat..or sprint up the stairs and do high-power Plunging attack, and then repeat.
I actually Found the Double Boss of Ornstein and Smough to be quite easy...since they are pretty slow, and pretty much stay together so it easy to keep from being flanked/attacked from behind if you are careful.
I lost twice, because I wasted time attacking both pretty evenly...and had them both to almost nothing, and then after I killed Ornstein... the whole power-surge/join forces trick (really cool cut-scene on these) fully re-fills Smough's health bar.
So next time..I just tried to Kill Smough first,...thinking only he did the Power Surge when Ornstein died...but nope. Smough died, and Ornsteain becomes a super-charged bad-ass too, and he is much harder than Super-Charged Smough, because of his speed.
So I went back. and just Killed Ornstein First (Mixture of +3 Occult Iato, and 2-3 Fire Orbs). Even super-charged, Smough is pretty damn easy when he is alone, because he is soooo slow. (especially after all the practice on the Silver and Giant Knights in Anor Lando)
You really need a good shield for this fight (you want 100% physical and also as high stability as you can find). For weapon, I suggest a polearm like a halberd. When the fight starts he's going to change you, roll to the left and run up the stairs. If you're lucky the dogs will follow you up and you can kill them from a distance with the thrust attack from the halberd.
As for Capra, it's a tight space so make use of the stairs. Draw him up the stairs (don't go all the way to the top) and as he's climbing just fall off the side. Most of the time he'll fall behind you, allowing you to block and counter-attack him in the most spacious area of the room. Rinse and repeat.
Oh, the Capra demon ... well not the Capra so much, but those dogs are killers. My suggestions ...
1. Knight Shield to +5 2. Enough endurance to be able to hold the winged spear/catalyst in the other hand. 3. Wear all of the black leather armour
Go into the Capra fight with shield up and spear in hand...block his first shot and stab away at the first dog. Straff around Capra and do the same tactic on dog #2. Switch back to catalyst/soul arrow.
With +5 shield (9 titanite shards) his hits don't stun you or even do much damage to the stamina, you can take 2 or 3 hits with shield up no probs. Keep strafing around him and backing up into space, then unleash Soul Arrow...doesn't do MUCH damage, but considering you have 30 shots its no biggie - rinse and repeat.