The bottom line for beginners? ( Insanity workout) Okay after reading hundreds of reviews, everything from don't do this program if your a beginner, not in good shape, blah blah blah. Reading all the reviews about it being so hard, well hello, getting into shape is suppose to be hard. Being fat and lazy is easy! Bottom line, if you are motivated to get into shape, is this program worth the $ for a beginner? Is it really worth buying on Amazon and saving a few bucks, when you can buy it from BeachBody and have the 30 day money back gurantee?
asked by Polska Power on January 19, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 43 answers
A
votes
I agree on purchasing directly from BeachBody rather than risking getting a bootleg that doesn't work!
M. Dominguez answered on January 23, 2011

A
votes
I don't think this is for beginners, at all!! You will only get frustrated. I have worked out for 25 plus years, regularly, and it's killing me. You might want to start with P90X
Flatsforlife answered on March 3, 2011

A
votes
I would have to say I disagree to a point. The beauty of DVD workouts like this is that beginners can get started at their own speed. Someone who is completely out of shape will have to take more breaks and go slower, but they will also see more improvement than those who are fit. If you can get through two weeks without getting discouraged, you can finish it (don't let week 6 break you). I agree a beginner will tend to get more frustrated, so I would recommend buying direct from BeachBody for the money-back guarantee.
Jason Coffman answered on March 6, 2011

A
votes
It depends what type of person you are. If you think you'll have the drive to carry on through the workouts day -after-day even if you're having to stop a lot and your considerably worse than the people on the program then go for it. If not I'd say start out with something slightly less intense first.
Granted I've only just started Insanity today but I don't think I would have even have got through the Day One Fit Test if I hadn't started working out about two months before (I did Gillian Michaels 30 Day shred twice.)
I'd say definitely go for it just go for something a little less tense and work your way up to it.
Good luck! x
L S. Hatch answered on March 14, 2011

A
votes
I don't agree with the "It's not for beginners" crap. I was definitely way out of shape when I started and I still am. I am 5'9" and weigh 260 lbs. I thought I was going to pass out when I did my first fit test and I wanted to quit. I have just started my 3rd week and I am finally getting to the point where I can complete the "warmup" on the videos without stopping. Just take breaks when you need to, and then jump right back in. Really people who are beginners are the ones who will see the most improvement in their fit test every two weeks. Don't let the fact that you are out of shape keep you from doing this. Also I did not purchase directly from Beachbody (too expensive) and I definitely didn't received everything I was supposed to. Good luck with with your workout!
Monnie answered on May 18, 2011

A
votes
It is for anyone! Granted, if you are a completely out-of-shape beginner, then you will be doing a small fraction of what is happening on the screen, but that is OK! So many descriptions and reviews have made this abundantly plain and common sense should as well. Do what you can! Tomorrow you will be able to do a little more. The claims that this is not for beginners is non-sense.

One thing I like about the workout is that you are very unlikely to ever outgrow it BECAUSE it is so potentially intense. Mix this up with P90X, some walking/running, a bike, or similar and it's even better.

If you are a beginner, just do the best you can. It's OK to fall down after two minutes and not get up for ten. Just do what you can and you will get better every day.
Blazing Pascal answered on June 18, 2011

A
votes
I completely agree! I am a beginner and I just started week one. Yes, it is tough, crazy tough. However, I am trying. I may not be able to go as fast or as high as them but that is my GOAL! I may have to redo week 1 or 2 or the whole thing until I can do it as good as them but I will keep trying. I also got this DVD to help me get further from jogging to running. I do 3 miles of 4.5mph w/o stopping 3 days a week and want to get better, plus kickboxing once a week. Beginners....WE CAN DO IT!!!
T. Sharron answered on June 30, 2011

A
votes
The beauty of Insanity is that the workouts, while really intense, can be scaleable. Quit my first round of Insanity because I wasn't committed, but after a semester of swimming, weight training, and climbing I lost enough weight and gained enough "mentality" to commit to restarting Insanity. I only have 2 more weeks left, and I'm proud to have come this far, despite my shortcomings. I always push myself each workout and I happen to improve more than I would've expected.
Zhao answered on July 3, 2011

A
votes
I started out really slow about 3 weeks ago with a friend. She runs on a daily basis and i just had my second child. I am about 30 lbs over weight and we decided to start off with this program once a week. We have noticed that even with 6 days in between we have totally improved. It was really hard the first week and now the work out ends and I am ready for more. I am excited to increase to more than once a week and get back my pre baby body. Beginner or not this is by far the best video work out. DON'T GIVE UP, even if you don't follow the plan to the T from the beginning.
J. Browning answered on July 11, 2011

A
votes
Thanks so much for the encouraging words. I'm 5'4 and weigh 180. I could stand to lose about 40 lbs. Anyway I did the first workout today and it was killing me, I kept stopping to catch my breath and I thought to myself, " Will I even be able to do this?" Anyway I got right back up and did as much as I could do and I still broke a sweat and felt like I worked out..
MAYRA answered on January 21, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

ARRAY(0xd82ca8e8)