I bought one of these and from the day I set it down in my kitchen, my bananas have stopped talking to me. What now?
asked by NY Guy on December 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 47 answers
A
votes
Try facing the slicer away from the bunch. Directly facing the bunch is taken as a sign of aggression and could be the reason.
Andrea A. answered on December 26, 2012

A
votes
The bananas are jealous. You have brought a shinier, more sizable banana into the house. They see it is not like them and don't understand why. Give it time, they will come around.
Katie answered on December 26, 2012

A
votes
Place the device out of site - perhaps in a drawer. Then, play soothing music, light some tropical candles as to make the banana's feel at home, and have a calm discussion with them. Explain that you don't love the device more than them and it will never replace them. I suggest you refer to this site for further help. http://www.ehow.com/how_4890194_deal-with-confrontation.html
Christa S. answered on December 26, 2012

A
votes
Gather all the bananas around the table. Try to figure out who their leader is. Then ever so slowly peal it and set it on the table. Tell the bananas that there is going to be an adjustment in attitudes, that things need to get back to normal. Then in a swift motion, use the slicer on the ringleader. Then without saying a word, get up and walk away, leaving the bananas to stare at their once proud leader. Things will return to normal real fast.
Nelson Abreu answered on January 2, 2013

A
votes
Get some pomegranates. They are excellent conversationalists. They blow bananas out of the water!
H. Holmes answered on December 29, 2012

A
votes
I have found it is best, at least at first, to pretend that you have not noticed that they are incommunicado. Attempt as well as you can to appear "normal." (Whatever that means). If they persist in their pique, eventually offer a small but meaningful token of rapprochement. (Only you will know what is both meaningful, but small: use discretion). If that doesn't work, try playing the Purple Dinosaur thingy. That'll provoke the petulant little ingrates.
Agent Raconteur answered on December 28, 2012

A
votes
I've read about this, it's called PTSD: Pre-Traumatic Slice Disorder. You really should seek professional help for them.
Gary answered on January 2, 2013

A
votes
That is totally unbelievable, everyone knows that bananas are always laid back. If this is true, braid your hair and try playing some Bob Marley for them...
M. L. Dufrene answered on December 29, 2012

A
votes
In some cases, the presence of other bananas can cause some younger bananas to ripen faster because of gases released by the other, older bananas. I would recommend allowing the bananas to ripen before trying to talk to them again - as they grow older, they should become more laid-back and therefore will forget this silly squabble. However, I also agree with Christa S. in that this implement should be out of sight of the other bananas, as they may relapse into giving you the silent treatment after you have ripened them if they see that this implement is still around.
Chris Chapman answered on December 31, 2012

A
votes
And this is a problem because...??? Every time I buy bananas, I wish nothing more than that they'd just STFU! Christ, even my ground beef doesn't give me this much trouble.
Spinky answered on January 9, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›