Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

bought one and it won't get a signal....HELP

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2008 3:52:53 PM PST
R. Painter says:
I can't use it off the stand it won't hold a signal. Any help or ideas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2008 9:57:00 AM PST
R. Kolin says:
Are you talking about when you use it in the portable mode? You have to remember that it feeds off of satellites that are in the southern sky. If you're in a building away from, or without windows, for example, you won't get a signal. I own an Inno, the older brother of the XMP3, and I find my signal changes depending upon where I am in the house. If I'm outside, I generally don't have a problem, as long as the antenna isn't covered up or otherwise blocked from the sky. There are available antenna headphones that will help.

Also, if you are new to satellite radio, I recommend you go online to the XM Satellite Radio Forum located at www.xmfan.com. You will be able to get first-hand help with any issues that may arise, including some solutions to your problem.

Good luck and welcome to the XM Nation!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2008 2:03:38 PM PST
R. Painter says:
Thank you this is helpful. I wrote Pioneer and they said take the battery out and put it back in to reset the device. That impoved the reception, in the yard I got a break in the signal when walking under trees. I am interested in the antenna earphones can you tell me more?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2008 8:34:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2008 8:35:58 AM PST
R. Kolin says:
These will improve your signal when you're out in the yard and will help in the house. The antenna is built into the top portion of the headset, so you don't want to wear a hat to block the signal. They take a little getting used to, but overall, I find them very comfortable. They also have a volume control on the cord. The ones for the XMP3 are very similar in design. I've included a link to a store that describes them, although you may have to do a Google search to find a better price and availability. They are a brand new item and are not available everywhere yet. They are out-of-stock on Amazon.

http://store.xmfanstore.com/pioneer-antenna-headphones-for-xmp3-cd-xmhead1.html

Also, check out the XM forum associated with this store: www.xmfan.com You'll be able learn more about your XMP3 from other owners.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2008 5:34:04 PM PST
R. Painter says:
Thank you very much for all the time and effort, I will pursue this. I really appreciate people like you, who are helpful and kind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2008 6:05:43 PM PST
R. Kolin says:
You're welcome. No problem at all. Contact me anytime with questions. Enjoy your XM radio.

Posted on Feb 23, 2009 7:18:44 PM PST
C. Freeman says:
Taking the battery out and putting it back in several times does nothing to stop my GEX-XMP3 Inno from cycling without "locking in" on any stations. Again, it worked beautifully until today. HELP!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2009

Search Customer Discussions