I just bought black LX7 last weekend, still haven't taken a photo, but time lapse is terrible, is it true?
asked by Nanda Linn Aung on January 17, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Hello, I have not used timelaps at all so far. Everything else is immaculate though, so you might want to play with settings so that you get better time lapse.
Beatriz De G. Maria answered on January 18, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It does maximum of 60 shots in a time of 1-30 minutes. Yeah, kind of rudemantary and basic, but still a time lapse option. I've yet to use it, as time lapse is not my main focus for the camera. Obviously if you love time lapse photography, perhaps another camera would be a better choice. The camera performs great for what I use it for...fast moving children and indoor shots without having to use a flash all the time. I HATE having to use the flash.
Judith Kyle answered on January 18, 2013

A
This is what the manual will instruct you .....but this quote from Photography blog ....is much claerer and succinct......The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7's new Time Lapse Shot mode automatically starts recording a time lapse sequence once the start time, interval and the number of pictures to shoot are set, although there is a slightly disappointing maximum limit of 60 shots and a minimum limit of 1 minute, which rather curbs the creative potential of this mode.
Roger W. Alswager answered on January 18, 2013

A
The shortest interval is 60 s which is not very useful IMO.
John M. answered on February 24, 2013

A
Dear Nanda.
In order to reply to your question you must elaborate more. I am not sure I understand your question.

Michael
michael answered on January 18, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
do you mean slow shutter speeds? on my LX7 it works fine. what exactly are you doing?
Im very pleased with the LX7 and am eager to help if I can.
Roger M. Cooke answered on January 18, 2013

A
Not by me, Good Luck!
Drook 77 answered on January 19, 2013

A
Is the minimum interval of 60 seconds something that could be changed with a firmware update?
bg26892 answered on May 16, 2013

A
It's not so bad. I only tried it once on the "melting ice cream" ... 10 shots with 1 minute interval. The feature is under the Rec Menu -> Time Lapse Shot. Once you set the Shooting Interval (1~30 min), Shots (10~60 pictures), press the Shutter to start the sequence. LX-7 will automatically take the pictures based on your settings. It will turn itself off and back on in-between the shots. It's just that you have to "stitch" all the shots in a movie editing software. Basically, what you got are bunches of the Time Lapse Shots, not the Time Lapse Video.
TL answered on May 18, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product