Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 4, 2012 2:02:05 PM PDT
So the BR set for this is 180 and the DVD set is 92. Can anyone tell me if it's worth paying twice the price for the Blu-Rays. Mainly, is there any difference between the two, episode- or feature-wise? Or it simply twice the price because of the higher quality format.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 2:38:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2012 2:50:47 PM PDT
howard shemp says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 2:52:59 PM PDT
Thanks for the input. I don't have either set yet, mainly I was just curious if it'd be better to pay for the DVD's since they are so much cheaper. Is the Blu-Ray set pretty much the same as the DVD set as far as features? If everything is the same I would rather just go with the cheaper DVD set.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 6:25:04 PM PDT
Dean Kloss says:
The blu-rays have more bonus materials, plus the original pilot. They are also remastered better than the DVDs.

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 7:01:24 PM PDT
donna dias says:
I personally think its worth the extra cash for BR. I've only rented one of the discs but I ordered the set today. The difference is pretty substantial on a nice TV. Blu Ray won't be replaced by another physical media for at least a decade, and it looks amazing. The DVDs are great but you will absolutely see a difference between the two, audio and picture wise.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 3:37:06 PM PDT
E. Schnabel says:
The added detail on the BR discs combined with the remastering makes it worthwhile. You can see all the glorious detail present in the 35mm film negative. The added commentary tracks are also a nice bonus.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 7:32:19 AM PST
shutterbug T says:
What exactly are the extra features that is on the blu ray that is not on the DVD?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 9:58:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2013 4:29:58 PM PDT
keviny01 says:
On the BD but not on DVD:
- English subtitles for all episodes (DVD has closed captioning only for Season 2-5)
- remastered mono audio tracks for all episodes (less hiss)
- 73 additional audio commentaries
- 55 additional radio dramas
- video restored for "next week" episode promos that lack video on the DVD
- audio interviews of George T. Clemens, 3 hours total
- "Tales of Tomorrow" episode of "What You Need" from 1952
- 1958 pre-series pilot episode "The Time Element" starring William Bendix
- laugh track from the original broadcast of Season 3 episode "Cavender is Coming"
- video interviews of Dana Dillaway, Suzanne Lloyd, Beverly Garland, Joseph Ruskin, H.M. Wynant, Morgan Brittany, Paul Comi, John Furia, Jr.

On DVD but not on BD:
- 90-minute documentary "Rod Serling: Submitted For Your Approval", from 1995
- DVD-ROM feature: five PDF files of the vintage "Gold Key" Twilight Zone color comics
- DVD-ROM feature: PDF script of "Twenty Two" with Serling's annotation
- 45-second clip of "The Drew Carey Show" paying homage to "Time Enough at Last"
- colorized sequences in Season 4's "Miniature", used for syndication in 1984
- 5-minute comedy bit that Serling did on "The Jack Benny Show"
- 3-minute clip of the 2003 Twilight Zone episode "It's Still a Good Life"
- photo galleries, running 2 minutes for each season

See my review for more info on BD vs DVD:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2IU1VL3A4N0OZ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

Posted on Jan 1, 2014 8:59:38 PM PST
steve says:
does this have all the seasons even the revivals?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2014 9:05:35 PM PST
keviny01 says:
Only the original series that ran from 1959 to 1964.

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 4:17:30 PM PDT
mattack says:
Bummer, the 90 minute documentary seems like a significant missing thing.. the rest, not so much (compared to the huge additions for the BluRay set).

I thought this one was going to be Gold Box today too.. guess I'll wait for it to come down..

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2014 10:37:39 PM PDT
Mary says:
To: Keviny01 -Thank you for listing the differences between the BluRay discs and DVD discs for The Twilight Zone. It helps me decide.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jul 4, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 1, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] by Rod Serling (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (832)