Customer Discussions > I'm Not Really Here forum

My brain has been Tim Allen d ahhhh

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 18, 2011 2:33:48 PM PDT
Very interesting book so far. I am up to I believe the sixth chapter. Tim Allen talks for a bit about reading books about philosophy and things like that. He talks about one religion believing that we are not really here. But in fact figments of our imagination. How can that be? If we are not really hear, who is there to imagine? I was thinking a lot about this.

I never believed in Heaven or anything. I mean, maybe I did. But I never THOUGHT about it. Then in 2003, while getting into someone's car, they kept stepping on it and stopping. Over and over. Finally, they took off and I had to make a choice. I just realized this a year or so ago. The accident happened in 2003. I had to make a choice. Jump up and stand on the side of the car, or rick getting drug by the side. You see, my foot was stuck in between the frame and the seat. So, I jumped and held on. I ended up falling out and dying. I saw my dad and God. I was not in Heaven. I was in a kind of limbo. My dad was there I guess for things he did when he was alive. Fiscally and mentally abusing my mom, brother and I. I talked for what seemed like hours, though the longest I was dead was one minute and thirty seconds. God told me I would be blind. My dad said something and offered to give me his sight. He then got to go to Heaven for offering me his sight. But, God said he could only give me a little bit of my vision because my brain had been.... I can not remember what he said exactly. Finally, he asked me if I would rather have my smell or my vision. First, I said smell. My dad said no, he told me I would need my vision for things I would do in my life. So, I said my vision. I think about that a lot. God could not give me everything, because of something my brain had went through. It seems odd to me. He is God, yet, once that thing had happened to my brain, he could only fix it a little. By the way, I have about 8% of my vision and it seems like I can see a million times better than I ever could before. But, does that mean that on earth, with our laws or life and physics, God has no control? I understand he give people free will. But it really made me think.

Think for a second about something. What if we do not exist. What if we are a dream of someone or some thing. Are they dreaming about EVERYONE in the world, or just me or you? How can we tell? I saw a show on the History Channel once. I believe it was the guy that made the game The Sims that was saying, what if that is our life? What if we are simply a program that was built a million years in the future? Either as a science thing or maybe a display in a museum. Think about people. We are infants, children, teens, adults, seniors then we die. In that time frame, what do we do? How many billions of people that have, do or will ever live, have done the EXACT same things? Think about that. How long has it been since you have seen something amazing and life changing? I'm not talking about something you saw on TV or the internet. But you yourself actually seeing it with your own eyes? You say you never have? Maybe nothing has happened in millions of years. We as people live the same lives everyday, for ever and ever and ever.

Ok, now let me blow this up your smoke hole. I live in Maryland. So, how do I know any place else it out there? Who says Japan, England, L.A or Maine is real? Let me break this down for you. I have been thinking a lot about it. Say you have a friend or family member who lives in say, China. You yourself live in Texas. How do you know that your friend in China, exists or that the place he is, isn't a virtual room that can look like anything ever imagines by any human being? Let us take it a step farther and go down this road. How do you know that EVERYTHING that has ever lived, does not live in the same huge complex? Billions of brains simply stuck in a room with everything being fed to us. Some how, if we had bodies, exercise could be done by working out in the room. Running, swimming, playing base ball or foot ball, could all be done within the same 20 feet of space. Strange huh? I know there are people out there who study stuff like this. To them, I either sound nuts or like a guy who is thinking. Who is to say they are not the same thing in and of themselves. Exit Twilight Zone music. Ok, that is all. Now I am off to play 360 games, OR, are they out to play me?!?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa290b180)

This discussion

Discussion in:  I'm Not Really Here forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jul 18, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
I'm Not Really Here
I'm Not Really Here by Tim Allen (Hardcover - 1996)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (60)