burnished vs. coated attchment I bought KitchenAid 300watt, 4.5Q (KSM85PSSL)at Costco. It came with burnished attachments (flat beater and dough hook) and their surface are not smooth, some finish appears to be peeled, looked dirty. Does anyone know why some model comes with burnished attachments and others come with coated ones? I could not find model KSM85PSSL anywhere but it is made by KitchenAid. Why?
asked by TV on January 2, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Ok now. I talked to a KA rep today: Costco's KSM85 (I'll leave the ending letters off as they're the color) is KA's KSM95, both 300 watts. Costco's KV25 is KA's Pro 600 model. I called about one of them today and the Costco numbers are specific to Costco. They also wanted a 5.5 qt. bowl, which is specific to them also. Just like numbers at Sam's, Macy's, QVC or any other non-KA place are specific to those specific companies.
watcher513 answered on April 14, 2011
Comment | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Bought from Costco Kitchenaid 5.5 qt lift bowl standmixer KV25MCXCU (metallic chrome color) 575 Watt, with burnished flat beaters and dough hook, no pouring shield and cannot find manual in Kitchenaid website. Called to find out difference betwen burnished and ceramic accessories (answer: burnished cannot put into dishwaster, has to be handwashed), size of pouring shield (no available pouring shield for that model), model is specially made for Costco.
Ordinary folks answered on January 13, 2011
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I spoke to Kitchenaid about this exact thing. I always do my homework before I buy. This is a newly introduced model to the Kitchenaid lineup. Thats the reason the model # is not listed on their site or as compatible with any of the items. Stupid, I know. You'd think that they would have the insight to print new accessory catalogs with up-to-date info, but most companies get in too much of a rush to introduce new products before their competitors. Call Kitchenaid Customer Service and they can set you up with the correct item numbers and place the order for you. Plus, for February they are selling all accessories for 25% off plus free shipping.
Jason Mottin answered on February 16, 2011
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought the flex edge paddle with the silicon edge that scrapes the bowl as it beats. It's the one that's made to fit the 6 qt. models. the 5.5 qt. model is Costco's version of the 6 qt. - everything is the same, even the bowl width, so it fits.
Christopher Parr answered on July 27, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ultra and Pro 600 come with burnished. Classic and Artisan come with coated.
lmsny answered on January 2, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought the Costco Model KSM85PSSL yesterday (to replace my old KA mixer that died last week after 23 years of use). I did not like the look of the 2 burnished attachments or the handleless bowl on the Costco model. However, the Costco model is just like my old model which has a bowl with a handle and coated attachments. Now, I have two bowls that fit the new mixer plus coated and burnished attachments. So, it looks like this is going to work out well for me.
Glenda Giguere answered on July 10, 2011
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I too, purchased this model at Costco yesterday. When I searched through the enclosed paperwork for additional accessories the model was not listed anywhere. Then I went online and this forum is the only place the model is even mentioned. Are these "bootleg" products at Costco???
Acat SeaBug answered on January 12, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Has anyone bought any additional beaters for the Costco 5.5 quart? We're looking at scraper beaters and wondering what size works for this one
Tweetspie answered on February 18, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product