Still no "up" button -- Grrrrr... The main thing to hate about 7 is the same thing I hated about Vista. Some "genius" at Microsoft decided to take the "up" button out of Windows Explorer - you know, the button that take you up to the next highest level in the file structure. This is an essential for navigating files. I used it constantly on XP and all previous Windows versions. What could they possible have gained by removing it?

Yes, I know there is a keyboard shortcut (alt + up arrow), but keyboard shortcuts are a pain as far as I am concerned - I rarely use them because its just one more damn thing to remember.

Fortunately you can go to mavisapps.com and purchase for five bucks a background program that restores the button (it works on 7 as well as Vista). But why should we have to do this and add on another background app for something so simple that should be there in the first place? What the heck were they thinking?
asked by wvmcl on April 20, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
Can't you just click on the folder before the one you are on in the address bar? For example you are in your program files folder... in the explorer/address bar ti will show: My computer --> Drive C --> Program Files. If you just click on Drive C, or My Computer, it will put you at the next highest level of the file structure!
Don't know if that's what you're looking for, but that's what I got out of your question!
-b3orion
William Miles III answered on April 28, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›