Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

If I buy AC 3 on PS3 will i get Liberation on vita for free??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2012 2:33:24 PM PDT
If I buy AC 3 on PS3 will i get Liberation on vita for free?? or at list some discount?? any info?

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 6:15:13 PM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
Nope.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 6:18:55 PM PDT
B. Marks says:
why would you think you could get a $40 game for free?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 5:49:52 AM PDT
S. Lilley says:
This is EXACTLY what I was going to say

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 3:58:41 AM PDT
when the vita first came out, there were promises of games that said if you buy the vita version, you can also play it on the PS3 or vice versa. the OP must not know that the Vita version and PS3 Version are different versions of the game. Read the game descriptions, then main character names are different also. The Vita character is named Aveline while the main ACIII character name is Connor. The games take place in the same time period, but not the same characters or story lines. It's a spin off title. Hope this really helps, and I do understand the OP's logic because Sony originally stated the next Motorstorms would be a 2 for 1 purchase.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:20:01 AM PDT
M. Robertson says:
@OP but inresponse to BlurredImages, you don't even need to read the game descriptions, read the NAMES OF THE GAMES.

Assassin's Creed 3 =/= Assassin's Creed Liberation

where do people get off thinking they're entitled to free games, constantly, this is YEARS of people live developing games, and since you bought 2 consoles you feel you deserve free games? gtfo!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:35:43 AM PDT
Ricardo says:
in his defense, the game is called 'Assassin's Creed III...... Liberation

if you ask me though, that sounds more of a DLC expansion pack name than a full retail game. He was still wrong for not reading the description.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 10:14:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 10:14:46 AM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
I did read an article that indicated Sony was considering unlocking the Vita version of PS3 games for PS+ members sometime soon. This would not work with AC: Liberation since it is a different game but for games that do have PS3 and Vita versions of the exact same game (and there are a number of them coming out).

Also, fyi for Vita owners ICO and the SotC as well as the God of War HD games will soon be available to play with remote play on the Vita as well as PS1 classics (though I don't know exact dates yet just "this summer").

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:41:31 AM PDT
ok not free but at list some discount maybe??

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 8:59:32 AM PDT
R. Pickman says:
@Ricardo
Right, but there were several Assassin's Creed II titles. If the OP is familiar with the series they should know that the number merely identifies the timeline of games and does not mean that it's the same.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 10:16:42 AM PDT
Cars&Guitars says:
Ask your mommy or daddy to buy you Liberation. I'm sure if you do chores for them they might consider giving you the money. Just ask, they won't bite. :)

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 11:28:23 AM PDT
nkilburne says:
Sony can only control the pricing on their first party games. They gave a discount on MLB 12 when bought together, but that's it so far. Since Assassin's Creed III & Liberation are Ubisoft titles and Ubisoft launched 5 games with the Vita all for $40 even though none of them were worth $40, I'm gonna go ahead and say no on the free copy. Hopefully Sony offers discounted versions of Sly 4 and PS All Stars Battle Royale when bought together like they did with The Show.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 1:26:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 1:27:43 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 2:05:31 AM PDT
M. Keegan says:
I just stopped by to say wow. I know some people don't keep up with gaming but sometimes I am amazed.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 1:58:58 AM PDT
nir085 says:
UbiSoft will provide you with a voucher code for both the Vita 3G and Assassin's Creed: Liberation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 7:57:26 AM PDT
Kasaru says:
No way for free, but perhaps a discount, they did a bundle with MLB 12... probably only if they have some cross platform connectivity though. No news on it yet though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 12:33:26 PM PDT
Yes, you'll get Assassin's Creed III Liberation on the PS Vita that costs $40 if you preorder ACIII. *Cough*

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 7:17:49 PM PDT
I do think it is possible that we will see a bundle of the two games at some sort of discount. While they aren't the exact same game and won't have any cross-save or cross-play features I would think a discounted bundle would certainly help to sell games...and hopefully Vitas. I remember Sony offering a discount if you purchased both the Vita and PS3 versions of MLB 12 The Show during release week and I would think Sony would be willing to cover the expenses of the discount in order to help sell more Vitas. We can hope, but I wouldn't expect an announcement until we are much closer to release.

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 9:21:49 AM PDT
Kelly H says:
I can see where people would ask. Sound Shapes, Sly 4 and several other games have it so if you buy one version you get both. They're just asking a question, they weren't complaining about it.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 7:35:44 PM PDT
Phenom says:
With this new cross buy "initiative" I'm hoping they add Assassin's Creed to that list

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 7:41:48 PM PDT
Kelly H says:
I'm guessing that this won't get on the cross buy list. It's two different games in mostly the same universe. Sly Cooper/Sound Shapes/etc are essentially the exact same game ported and have either a shared trophy list or identical ones. I think for those they figure no one would buy both (or very few) if they were identical and they'd like to push vita sales.

Hopefully, I'm wrong though.

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 7:37:34 AM PDT
M.K. says:
The "cross buy" promotion (where you get the vita version of the game for buying the PS3 version) is only for games where the Vita version and the PS3 version are the same game. For example, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time are the same game on the PS3 and Vita, and you will get the Vita version if you buy the PS3 version. Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation is a unique game and is not a port of the PS3 version and will not be part of the "cross buy" promotion.

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 2:12:08 PM PDT
Gambit says:
I've never seen so many condescending jerks in one topic (not everyone) the guy asked a simple question. He never claimed he felt he was entitled to it. Not everyone knows how the cross buy promo works. thanks to letherclad for taking the time to write out a full, informative response.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 10:17:41 AM PDT
Ubisoft produces AC games. Sony has no say in pricing or promotions. Also, Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation are two completely different games, so no.

If it was Assassin's Creed III (Connor's story) that was going to be on the Vita, then I would agree, it would be nice to have a cross-buy or discounted promotion.

Cross-buy as of now, only is available with Sony first party games that are the exact same games on both the PS3 and Vita such as Sly Cooper Thieves in Time and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. In addition a few third party downloadable titles also use the Cross-Buy feature like Zen Pinball 2, Foosball, and a few others.

Major third-party games at this point have not adopted that feature for games that will be the same on both the Vita and PS3 like the upcoming Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 12:07:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2012 12:08:44 PM PDT
Mr.Zero says:
I hope EA jumps and board with NFS:MW, Sony should entice publishers to get on board any way they can. If they do then it might make me more inclined to buy the DLC that will come for it since I'll have the game with me more often.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  25
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Jun 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation by UBI Soft (PlayStation Vita)
4.1 out of 5 stars (267)