All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now Tikes Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015
Customer Discussions > The Byrds - Greatest Hits forum

byrds / dylan lost reunion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2009 7:53:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2009 7:26:00 AM PDT
Does anyone know of, recall The Byrds reunion (McGuinn, Crosby, Hillman) with Bob Dylan in 1990? Has there ever been a video/DVD release of this? Two songs; "Mr. Tambourine Man" (with Dylan) and "Turn, Turn, Turn" were released on CD on The Byrds first box set in 1990 (Columbia/Legacy label). The credit notes in the box set booklet states that these two songs were taken from a Roy Orbison tribute concert in 1990. If I'm not mistaken, this concert was originally from a Cinemax Sessions cable show, I think. The box set booklet also has pics of this show. SO, does anybody out there have any info on this? It's driving me nuts trying to find a video/film documentation of this show! Why wouldn't something as important like this be released? This is like the lost final chapter or epilogue in The Byrds story. I think even the The Byrds first box set is out of print now. These fantastic live versions of these two songs were never released on any other format. Help a Byrd fanatic find the Byrds lost treasure! Thanks

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 7:11:54 AM PST
7 & 7 IS says:
I remember watching it several times-my brother-in-law recorded it on VHS and gave me a copy-now a mass of mildew, location unknown.
I recall after they played Crosby approached Dylan from behind and punched him in the arm and Dylan turned around and punched him right back, but harder.
I think it was issued as a bootleg Dvd a few years back as "Bob Dylan Live Transmissions: Part One."But never officially.
I thought The Byrds also did 'He Was A Friend of Mine' on it as well.

Posted on Jun 19, 2014 2:23:32 PM PDT
I have that one on DVD, courtesy of my local bootlegger. It's a nicely produced compilation which includes all of the Byrds live TV broadcasts including the TNT show (their best live performance IMO). I'm grateful for the bootleggers...without them, none of this stuff would be available. They forced the hands of the big record companies (e.g. Capitol and Columbia) into releasing previously unavailable Dylan/Beatles/Byrds recordings which would NEVER have seen the light of day without them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 19, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Byrds - Greatest Hits
The Byrds - Greatest Hits by The Byrds (Audio CD - 1999)
4.7 out of 5 stars (193)