5.0 out of 5 stars Move to learn

3.0 out of 5 stars great story, terrible format
Published on May 15, 2011 by MMF

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Move to learn, May 8, 2007
This review is from: De la cabeza a los pies (From Head to Toe, Spanish Edition) (Paperback)
De la cabeza a los pies has the same advantages for children learning Spanish as a second language as the English version has for English language learners. The text is both brief and comprehensible due to the illustrations, and it's also interactive as it invites listeners to participate in the body actions. Native Spanish speakers also enjoy the opportunity to get all their body parts moving.

5.0 out of 5 stars De La Cabeza a Los Pies, March 23, 2006
D. Crimes (Upper Marlboro, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This book is excellent! We use it in our Spanish classes and the students love to "move" like the animals in the book. It's a great tool for teaching about the parts of the body and animals.

Deborah, Lessons From Abroad

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun!, June 22, 2008
This is an excellent, fun book. My 2yr 7 month daughter mimics each of the animals. Its a lot of interactive fun!

3.0 out of 5 stars great story, terrible format, May 15, 2011
MMF (New York) - See all my reviews
my son loves this book. he loves doing all the things the animals do. however, it is a very big book and it's not a board book. so the pages are very difficult for my toddler to turn. plus we had to actually keep the book away from him for awhile because he wants to tear the pages. only recently he learned to not tear the pages in books, but i still have to supervise him with this book because he can rip the pages accidentally since it's so big and awkward for him to manage. i wish i would have noticed it wasn't a board book when i bought it. that said, my son does love love love having this book read to him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!, February 25, 2011
I bought this book for my 3.5 old brother at the time and he absolutely loved it and still does!! I bought it last year and we still read it all the time at bed time. My brother is growing up bilinguial, so I'm always concerned in adding things in spanish daily since everything that he is normally surrounded by is in english. I'm also concerned about the content since not all books that are sold in spanish are grammatically correct, but this one happens to be.
It teaches children the parts of the body and what they can do, while at the same time teaching them different animals in spanish and also asking them to imitate. Ex: Soy un gorilla y golpeo mi pecho. Puedes hacerlo tu tambien?.. I am a gorrila and I can pound my chest, can you do it as well?.
I think is really cute and love the vivid colors in the drawings. I most definitely highly recommend this book!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nos Encanta este libro!!!!!!!!!!, March 17, 2013
Nos encanta este libro a mi hijo y a mi. Los colores como el cuento están súper divertidos. Se lo recomiendo a todos los ninos!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, Fun, Interactive and Well Translated, January 28, 2012
G. Corona (MA United States) - See all my reviews
Our 13 month old loves this book:

* The translation is good. The book is about a series movements from head to toe, each paired with an animal. The first movement is the head, side to side, paired with a penguin. That's 2 nouns and a verb

* Reading out loud and showing the baby the movement is fun. She is beginning to imitate the movements. She enjoys books that incorporate movement or sound-making

* Large size, easy to read. We love large size books since they are easier to read and to be delighted by the illustrations. The first time, it was a bit difficult to set up flat on a book stand, but now we stand in front of it to read it and move to the book's instructions

* Unfortunately, it is not our preferred format (lap-sized boardbook), this version is PAPERBACK. So we are careful. Since the baby loves this book so much, it has a few creases

3.0 out of 5 stars I love Eric Carle in English, July 23, 2013
This is a great book, but for some reason it just reads better in English. Nothing against my native toungue, it just doesn't flow as well as the English version. As an alternative, try Buenas Noches Luna.

4.0 out of 5 stars very entertaining, January 9, 2007
My one year old son loves this book, and I love acting it out for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I hoped for!, July 7, 2014
Cute book! I bought this book so my young daughter and I could go to the local hospital here in Mexico to read to the children in the children's ward. They will love it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

De la cabeza a los pies (From Head to Toe, Spanish Edition)
De la cabeza a los pies (From Head to Toe, Spanish Edition) by Eric Carle (Paperback - January 9, 2007)
$6.99