4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job.
I don't understand why there are reviews complaining about this not supporting a heavy camera when the product description clearly states it's used only for "small, lightweight" cameras. Works perfectly fine with my GoPro.

Pros:

-Lightweight.

-Black matte finish that looks well with the GoPro.

-Has a tripod thread adapter on the...
Published on January 9, 2013 by M. Cunanan

3.0 out of 5 stars Camalapse Still Needs Some Refining
Published 22 months ago by doodaa Productions

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job., January 9, 2013
This review is from: camalapse 3 (Electronics)

Pros:

-Lightweight.

-Black matte finish that looks well with the GoPro.

-Has a tripod thread adapter on the bottom-side to easily screw in a tripod/monopod .

-Conveniently has 15-minute intervals (along with the range of degrees) marked off on the side to help measure the length you want to record.

Cons:

-Feels super cheap and fragile in my hands. Other than the metal threading for the tripods, this thing is all cheap plastic.

-Creates a loud ticking noise, which makes me feel like I paid for an kitchen timer.

-Smaller than I expected.

-Over priced.

Also:

-Packaging could of been way better. Arrived in a flimsy box inside of a packaging envelope. Not to be bias towards the product, just a bad choice on the sellers part. Would have preferred in a more secure box to be shipped in.

I've only had the Camalapse 3 for a day. If you plan on using this with your GoPro, you'll need a tripod mount. Which you can pick up for ~$5 on eBay. I plan on taking it out in the wild and testing it's endurance within the next week.

Overall, it does it's job. I wanted a product that could perform time lapse for me, and this does it. For how long, though? We'll see, and I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it should, June 12, 2013
This review is from: camalapse 3 (Electronics)
There's not much I can say about this item. It does what it's designed to do. Zero complaints. It requires a minimum of 20 characters so I'm going to keep typing until it lets me go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camalapse - Great for panning timelapse!, January 20, 2013
This review is from: camalapse 3 (Electronics)
I have been able to use this 8 times now for various scenes (music fest, landscapes, beach, traffic). The panning is smooth, so smooth it can be used in video mode.

Unit is durable, quiet and well made, and small enough to fit in my daily gear bag. I take it everywhere!

Used with Canon S95, GoPro Hero 2, GoPro Hero 3 (black)

Took this on a 7 Day Caribbean Cruise, we were not able to make it to the beach as planned, but I did mount the Camalapse on a small tripod with my GoPro 3 Black. Was able to get some incredible shots with the panning motion, and the time lapse feature of the camera set to 1 second.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, well made, Easy, May 9, 2013
This review is from: camalapse 3 (Electronics)
While this certainly will not rotate a DSLR with fat heavy lens, it will do point and shoots and gropro camera perfectly. Which is what it's made for. You -can- do smaller DSLRs like a Canon Rebel and a small kit lens like a 18-55 with no battery grip. But that will be the limit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Camalapse Still Needs Some Refining, March 11, 2013
This review is from: camalapse 3 (Electronics)
I purchased a Camalapse a few weeks back, and couldn't wait to give it a try. In my test runs so far, I haven't been as impressed as I anticipated. I have only put my GoPro Hero 2 on it, and ran a couple of test runs, or spins I should say, and I've noticed on a few occasions it doesn't complete the timed cycle, and stops about halfway through. I've had to give it a slight turn in the direction it was headed, and then it starts ticking/turning again on its own. I don't think my Hero 2 weighs enough for it to struggle in its revolutions. I don't have time to hover over this little device during time lapse captures, anticipating it getting hung up again. It's a novel tool to have in my gear bag, but not quite as effective as I had hoped it would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for GoPro 3, March 1, 2013
This review is from: camalapse 3 (Electronics)
Using to do motion timelapse with GoPro 3. I actually made one of these out of a cheap egg timer. I upgraded to this since I will be using with clients and want a clean design not the DYI look. Thanks for such a great product.

Also side note* DSLR users, this will not work very well because of the weight. If you have a small point and shoot camera that does timelapse it will probable work fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome gear...as described and better, January 30, 2013
This review is from: camalapse 3 (Electronics)
The camalapse works exactly as expected. I use it with both my iPhone/GLIF and my GoPro. I have seen other reviewers say it doesnt work with heavier cameras but I guess they didnt read the description. It is light weight but well made with metal pieces on the top and bottom for my Joby gorillapod.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever use of mechanical technology, February 24, 2013
Patrick A. Tassos (SOUTHINGTON, CT, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: camalapse 3 (Electronics)
This idea is a really great, cost-effective method for achieving good, solid results. Panoramic time lapses or panning video work great. The only negatives are that this it can only move in one direction -- counter-clockwise (right to left), and that this is basically a cleverly constructed $9 kitchen timer which sells for $60. It's still more cost-effective than the super-expensive pro solutions available though, and "suspending the unit upside-down" will solve the directional issue. I would recommend this to any photographer who has a small camera. Great match with a GoPro.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works if camera is right side up, February 22, 2013
This review is from: camalapse 3 (Electronics)
I use this to make time lapses with my gopro hero 3. It works good if im somewhere where the camera can be straight up and down, but often I use the camalapse with a gorilla pod and it will be a little sideways or pointing straight down. When this is the case, the camalapse doesn't rotate smoothly or at all because of the weight of the gopro (not very heavy) being out sideways instead of on top of the camalapse. This product would be incredible if this didn't happen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, January 27, 2014
This review is from: camalapse 3 (Electronics)
I splurged and paid too much money ($29) for this glorified kitchen egg-timer after I had already successfully made my own panning time lapse device out of an old-school egg-timer. The reason I bought this one is for simplicity and easier to use and mount the GoPro on. However, right out of the box, mine will stop ticking/turning after no longer than 15 seconds.

It is very dissapointing in that I was looking forward to something that actually works like it is advertised to do. I do not recommend anyone to get this. I just purchased an Ikea flat egg timer that looks basically just like the Camalapse without the threads (male or female). GoPro flat sticky mount will mount right on top.

I understand and realize that there aren't hardly any other reviews that complain about the same thing I am, so knowing my luck, I got a lemon. I even put my GoPro Hero 3+ (lightest weight GoPro to date) in the frame mount. Still no luck.

camalapse 3