What is the best HD camcorder under $700 for shooting sporting events like high school soccer games? The Sony HDR-CX260V is my top choice so far.
asked by B. Magill on November 26, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
My husband thought I really didnt need this because my old camcorder was only about 4 yrs old and still working fine, but of course I didnt listen and bought it anyway. I record all my son's middle school football and basketball games and my daughters volleyiball and baskeball games. I recorded the on the hd setting got home the camera and program converted them in about an hour to a dvd that plays on any dvd player or coomputer. WOW!! The picture quality and definition even when shooting from the press box at the football field is amazing. My husband hated to admit it but he even bragged to his sister about the difference in the quality of my old sony camcorder and the HDR CX 260 I use a monopod or tripod to film with it just make it easier to stabilize the camera. I would highly recommend this to anyone shooting sports events. I researched different cameras and for the price (around $400.00) it cant be beat in my opinion.
ddl answered on November 27, 2012

A
vote
I agree, I have owned the Cx260V for over two months and absolutely love it.
Sri answered on November 27, 2012

A
votes
I agree with your choice. Excellent camcorder and also takes great photos. So light and small. Perfect so far.
beckyg answered on November 26, 2012

A
votes
Not sure if it is the best, but we use it for all of our kids' sporting events and we really like it.
Andrea Wolff answered on November 26, 2012

A
votes
How is the sound recording?
Denise M. answered on June 11, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›