Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
Is the camera angle down below the smoke detector or would it able to cover the horizon of the room?
asked by Milind J. Sheth on November 25, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
The camera is at an angle. I was able to shim the opposite side of the smoke detector mounting base to increase the horizontal perspective by several degrees. I can see an extra 15 feet or more by making this adjustment. This is a low end camera with no night vision. The resolution is diminished over greater distances. I still like mine anyway.
Price answered on November 25, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Horizon but at an angle. Mine is 8 foot 4 inches high and can view people 12 foot away with out chopping their heads from the camera. I like it for my entry as it has a slight fish eye and can cover the door to the side also. It would not work in low ceiling areas. My basement is 6 foot 2 inches and it would not work at that height unless the people were sitting
Gaigemc answered on November 25, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you look at the image provided by amazon. You will see the pin hole on the side of the smoke detector. It covers the room horizontally. I'd say its angled down about 10-15 degrees. Has a wide angle of coverage. The room I've installed it in is rather large. 30' X 30' installed in one corner and covers the entire room other than about a 6' radius directly below the camera.
D. Perry Jr. answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The camera lens is at a 45 degree angle from the horizontal so you can see accross the room although not quite the opposite top corner. This of course will vary with the size of the room.
bobmannn answered on November 25, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product