Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Digital Camera with 3.5-Inch LCD (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $249.99
Has this camera been discontinued? Sites all over the web have started listing the Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 as a discontinued product. Is FujiFilm coming out with a new model? Or is this the end of the line for their 3D camera offerings?

Does anyone have any confirmed information on this?
asked by David L. Kaleita on October 31, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
The word at the 2013 CES show is that Fujifilm does not plan to improve it at this time. They are concentrating on professional stuff. You can improve on its performance by searching the internet for attachable beam splitters that are custom made for this camera. With them you can shoot much better closeups and far shots but they are expensive. You can also search for a $25 view finder which will overcome screen blackout in bright sunlight. There is none made for the W3 but I found one that was very close to the right size and it works if when I shoot I compensate for the fact that it is a bit smaller than the W3's screen. The W3 is not a DSLR by any means but I have used it to successfully take almost 10,000 3D images and many 3D videos of many beautiful things in Jamaica over 2 years and then I created a tourist website full of those 3D images (3d-jamaicadotcom) that has been endorsed by the Jamaica Tourist Board. So I highly recommend this camera in spite of its minor flaws.
Jim H. answered on February 14, 2013
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Digital Camera with 3.5-Inch LCD

I agree that the prices have started to drop for awhile now. Usually, a sign of discontinued or a new model as you mentioned.

Have you heard anything about a new model?? T.Y.
Christy N. Butler Berkshire Photos answered on January 9, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Fuji has not made an announcement for a newer model.
It may be that certain web sites simply decided to discontinue selling this model.
Skye answered on January 11, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product