Does this camera allow you to place it on a manual setting? Ableto change the ISOs and shutterspeed?
asked by M. Nichole Hall on October 29, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
by way of selecting a particular shot setting is the only way I've found to get shutter or f-stop priority. You can however manually set ISO speeds and override the camera's doing it automatically for you. I must say this camera seems to do the settings faster than I had been used to with film SLRs and typically does a very good job of it. As this is my first experience with a capable digital camera in this class - I am still adjusting to it but rather pleased overall. .
Ron answered on October 31, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There are 4 general modes - Auto, Easy Auto, Portrait and Smart Portrait. You can change the ISO under Menu(button) -> ISO Options. I don't think there is a shutterspeed control but you have exposure compensation. This is a perfect camera for folks who want great quality pics but don't care to get too technical into camera details. You sound like you need to spend a bit more on a DSLR.
nozama answered on November 1, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This camera apparently isn't set up to go on full manual, but you can set things like ISO, white balance, color,etc. in the "auto" modes. Once you've used this camera on the various auto and scene settings, you'll realize why you don't need to do all of your own adjusting. I sold my Nikon D-7000 SLR because I couldn't get all the manual adjustments to do the job I wanted, this one works great on it's own, just try it. E.M. (Rick)
Rick answered on October 31, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Its is possible to make some changes to the ISO but the shutter speed is mainly controlled by the various scene modes that make changes for you in shutter speed and aperture size. There is no fully manual mode but Easy Auto mode and Auto mode. You can probably access the full manual for the L810 Coolpix on the Nikon website for more details.
TomasLomas answered on October 31, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It doesn't.
I am disappointed that I am not able to, but the quality of the pictures are great - You just can't take them at a fast ISO
amazoncustomer answered on October 31, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don,t think you can. But it takes really good pictures in auto.
Amazon Customer answered on October 31, 2012

A
No it does not. , but it takes very good quality pictures without the option
S. Darnall answered on October 31, 2012

A
I have only taken pictures with this grate camera .Well I like the way all the pictures I tuck just off the Washington cost .It was very overcasted and .I did not think they were going to come out good but they did ,I have a friend that took some of the same pictures and his all came out bad.I have to say No you can not Do Manual setting with this camera .Thought it has many different auto settings for different looks .One of which is black and white .
travistodd answered on October 31, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product