Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 16.05 MP Live MOS Interchangeable Lens Camera with 3-inch Free-Angle Touch Screen LCD and 14-140mm HD Hybrid Lens (Black)
Used & New from: $829.99
I need a camera soon. Is this worth the wait and the extra money? Should I get something else. If I get this what lenses will I absolutely need. Thanks
asked by C. Smith on November 3, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
Sara,

I guess the question is how soon you need a camera? If you already preordered, then you should have yours Nov. 24 which is rapidly approaching. Is that soon enough for you? Do you need a powerful, high performance prosumer mirrorless camera? If so, then I suggest the wait for the GH2 will be worth it for you.

As for lenses, the first and only lens I see recommended without reservation is the Panasonic LUMIX G 20mm f/1.7 Aspherical Pancake Lens for Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Cameras. It's a pancake lens with rave reviews, and makes your GH2 into a pocketable, low light capable camera. That gives you a versatile zoom (14mm - 140mm) usable for video and stills, and a lightweight compact lens (20mm) for casual, indoor, street, and impromptu shooting occasions.

Start with those, and expand as you desire. Also, don't forget, with adapters, you can adapt other lenses (e.g., Canon, Nikon, Leica) to your GH2. You can also use Olympus and other MFT (Micro Four Thirds) and with adapter FT (Four Thirds) lenses. I would start with the Panny 20mm though. Good luck.
Joe Rama answered on November 6, 2010

A
votes
What if I didn't preorder? It's not available anywhere now...
Hoi Y. Leung answered on November 7, 2010

A
votes
Then I'd say it's a matter of timing, patience, and priorities. There are other MFT cameras. Perhaps one of those would suit? Otherwise, wait for the GH2.
Joe Rama answered on November 7, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›