JBL OnStage IIIP 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
Used & New from: $80.00
can it be used with the Iphone 5
asked by Victoria L. Jengo on November 27, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
I just talked to JBL customer service. This will work with an iphone5 if you buy a 30 pin adapter from Apple. The man said you can then listen to music and charge the phone, but some of the other functions might not work as well
Cary answered on December 1, 2012

A
votes
I'm curious about types as well, I have an iPhone 4 and this looks like a good product. The negative reviews sound like people that are just mad in general and I'm looking for a good speaker that can work with my current phone.
M. Taylor answered on December 1, 2012

A
votes
I have the exact same question,and I am 90% sure it will not. If I find out more, I will let you know.
Concerned Mom answered on December 1, 2012

A
votes
I went to the JBL website and looked up this dock. The info on it dated back to 2009 (product info/owners manual) before the iphone5 came out. So the question is whether the iPhone5 has the same gizmo at the bottom to dock with anything the earlier versions could dock with.
Cary answered on December 1, 2012

A
votes
This cannot be used with the iphone 5 or 5s or 5c, as is. We have this model, and since my wife upgraded from a 4s to a 5s, the new phone will not work. You can, however, purchase an adapter for less than $10, but the new phone will not stand up properly. I am sure that JBL will probably come out with a newer version soon that can be used with the new iphone series.
Daniel T. answered on September 26, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›