Ronco ST5000PLGEN Showtime Rotisserie Platinum Edition
Used & New from: $279.99
can I control the temp. or is it a constant preset temp.?
asked by Gail A. McGuire on November 5, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
constant, although you can stop rotation to let one area get hotter than the others
Amazon Customer answered on November 5, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is a constant preset temperature with the cooking times set by yourself. For example, when I cook a normal sized chicken, I set the time for 2 hours, assuring that the chicken will be well done.
Average times for various food products are provided by the manufacturer giving you the option to set your own cooking times according to your individual preferences.
Darrel D. Tipton answered on November 5, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is a preset temp on mine. You will love it I am sure.
Barb answered on November 5, 2012

A
No you cannot control the temperature on the unit, it is pre-set. So it all depends on what the item is and the weight of it, this determines the required time-length for cooking. if you go to the Ronco website and look under "manuals" or "Recipes" It will give you a lot of info on cooking times for different items. I LOVE my Ronco and use it almost daily !
LasVegasTony answered on November 6, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's a constant preset temperature. So far that hasn't been a problem for me cooking duck, turkey and beef using the recommended cook time for each. Hope this helps.
reddogs answered on November 5, 2012

A
It's a constant preset, BUT there are two postions for the spit rods (great name, huh?). The closer you position the spit rods to the heat elements in the back the faster your item will cook. Likewise, if you're not careful, positioning in the rear position can dry out your food. Personally I'd recommend using the forward position and waiting longer for the cooking process to take place. It will be moist and you have more control over doneness. Be sure to use a meat thermometer so you know it's cooked enough.
S. Freedman answered on November 5, 2012

A
Constant temp. I use a temp probe rather than the preset time, always. First chicken was a bit uncooked deep inside. Use a probe to get the temp where you need it.
Old Bugger answered on November 5, 2012

A
It is constant, but it works BEAUTIFULLY NEVER burns ALWAYS juicy
Andrew 101462 answered on November 6, 2012

A
The temp is constant. You can only control the length of time something cooks.
M. STONE answered on November 5, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›