can you alter shutter speed?
asked by leenty on March 23, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
vote
Yes, in shutter priority mode or full manual mode.
Mark A. Lamb answered on March 23, 2013

A
votes
As well as manual choice of aperture settings you can choose between bulb and times from 1/4000 to 60 seconds.
Roger Kolbu answered on March 23, 2013

A
votes
Yes
Kevin Ho answered on March 23, 2013

A
votes
Yes, and you can set shutter priority also.
SCCGAC answered on March 23, 2013

A
votes
Yes. when in S (shutter speed) mode and M (manual) mode
Sebastian S. answered on March 23, 2013

A
votes
Yup
Edboogie answered on March 23, 2013

A
votes
Yes in Manual and Shutter priority mode.
Raymond E. Buitron answered on March 23, 2013

A
votes
They give you a nice printed manual in the box that is very basic and does not explain much. But on the CD that came with the camera, there is an "Advanced" manual as a PDF. Copy it to your hard drive or even print it out. Look in the Table of Contents for the page for "Program Shift." Put the camera in "P" mode on the dial, then half-press the shutter button to get the exposure value. It will display them on the lower left. Press the thumb wheel and rotate it to change aperture and speed TOGETHER for the same Exposure Value. A second press on the thumb wheel switches you to change the exposure value (compensation). Another press switches back to EV. (The active function lights up orange.) You can change ONLY the aperture or the shutter speed in the "A" or "S" modes, but that changes exposure value (and ruins the shot).
I only got my GX1 a month ago, my very first digital camera. I've been shooting film since 1951, with a Contax RTS for the last 37 years; I miss it. I DON'T miss the cost of film or the hours in a darkroom. It took a long time to learn to use film, so I'm giving digital all the time it needs for me to climb Mt. Learning Curve.
Sterling K. Webb answered on March 23, 2013

A
votes
yes
J Jarosak answered on March 24, 2013

A
votes
yes
J Jarosak answered on March 24, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›