can you scan pictures
asked by Stephen McMorris on May 24, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
vote
Yes, but it is easiest to do so by inserting your photos within the clear double-sided legal-sized folder that is provided for that purpose.
f. j. busch answered on May 24, 2013

A
vote
I have scanned everything with great success. Printing on photo paper is easy. Love Love love this scanner.
cona answered on May 24, 2013

A
vote
Sure can as long as it is a single sheet. It will save as .pdf or .jpg. It is not as good as my Epson flat plate scanner for pictures and misc items but it will work.
Monte answered on May 24, 2013

A
vote
Yes. It does an awesome job with photos!!!!! Great scanner. We are all very happy with the product.
Mayra Saavedra answered on May 24, 2013

A
votes
http://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/computing/peripheral/scanners/ssfaq/ix500_before7.html

Q7. Can ScanSnap scan photographs?

A7. Please be aware of the following potential problems before you scan any photographs.

Potential damage:
Scanning photographs may scratch their surface.
We do not recommend that you scan valuable photographs with ScanSnap.
Document feeding:
Since photographs are a special type of media, we cannot guarantee that ScanSnap will handle photographs the same way it handles documents that meet its scanning specifications. In addition, ScanSnap's hopper cannot hold as many photographs as it can other document types.
Image quality:
Scanning photographs with a ScanSnap for purposes that do not require high resolution, such as creating JPEG files for display on a website, should not be a problem.

[Note]
It is recommended that you use ScanSnap Carrier Sheet when you scan photographs.
lechuan answered on May 24, 2013

A
votes
Yes, but you do not have the control that you would with a photo scanner, e.g. dust removal, cropping, color correction, etc. As an inveterate photographer, I would say that it makes an acceptable jpg or pdf file, but not a great file. I would not use it as a scanning source for things I have going into Photoshop.
RF-Iowa answered on May 24, 2013

A
votes
Yes but I've never done it, and I dont think they will be the degree of quality as a stand alone picture scanner could produce.
Grand House answered on May 24, 2013

A
votes
You can, but if they are small you have to use a carrier and I haven't had the time to figure out how to "trim" the non-photo part of the scan yet. There is a crop feature, but I haven't figured it out yet.
tlc answered on May 28, 2013

A
votes
great! But will it scan photos to 300 dpi? (I have a flat bed scanner if I need them higher than that.)
B. Howell answered on June 11, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›