Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX150 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD (Black) (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $120.00
I cannot seem to get the background defocus to work properly. Any suggestions?
asked by W. Living on August 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Adjust camera to use spot focus and make sure background isn't too close
Frank Mason answered on September 9, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am seeing Same issue. I wasnt able to take a single "background defocused" snap yet in a month. :(
D. Patel answered on August 29, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Are you holding the camera still until it's finished taking all the shots? It takes more than one shot and combines them together.
psdigital answered on January 20, 2013

A
Frank has the right idea. I was playing around and found that using the subject tracking worked best to get the best results. It took some practice but I was able to get some cool shots with the bokeh I was looking for without using subject tracking. It took me some time, but I've put almost 400 test shots alone on this thing in less than 3 weeks. Everything from the panorama modes, to scene modes, to artistic modes. Ive has a blast seeing what this little thing can do. Now, It's not on par with my d7000 however for a point and shoot I was impressed only after playing with it for a while. It does take some getting used to and as ps pointed out, depending on the subject you want to make sure the subject is in the foreground.
Darren O'Hooligan answered on January 30, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›