Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
asked by Frank P. Donohue on October 2, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 answers
A
R. Sutton answered on April 4, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi:

I have both the G-11 and the G-12. I find the G-11 is great and so is the G-12. But, the G-12 has greater video capabilites. I suspect the price differance is duw to Canon stopped production on the G-11 and they are getting hard to find. I recommend you buy the G-12. There is NO downside I can find and both have an optical viewfinder though I never use it. I prefer the view screen.
R. Sutton answered on March 27, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The first thing I noticed when I picked up the G12 was that it was lighter. I think there are more plastic parts than my G11. Which is OK for me. I shot some macro of eBay stuff yesterday and there isn't any difference that I can tell. As usual, sharp from corner to corner. Really the only reason I upgraded to the G12 from the eleven was I like to have the latest and greatest. This is my third G series camera and I love them.
FYI the HDR mode needs a tripod. There isn't an alignment algorithm, so I am still bracketing 3 shots.
Michael Miner answered on March 30, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
R. Sutton answered on November 19, 2010
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
So I hear Mr Brown saying there are macro focus issues. Can you give more detail. i shoot glass beads and jewelry using macro (I have a G10) and was going to move to the G12 but now you are giving me pause based on the macro issue.
Aaron Abbott answered on October 2, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
tj1962 answered on October 8, 2010

A
Mr. Brown, do you have a recommendation over G12? Nikon P7000? I desperately need a small size cam as a supplement to my dslr.

Thanks
Y. Yun answered on October 9, 2010

A
Thanks for the info. Still don't understand why an out-dated model would cost more than the new one -- unless supply and demand works automatically.
mbf answered on March 27, 2011

A
Very helpful. Thanks
mbf answered on March 30, 2011

A
Please excuse my lack of professional photo vocab...I am a new g12 user/owner and a student in a digital photo course....our last hw assignment was to take a photo of someone..portrait and to set the camera so that the background blurrs out....so I set the g12 on Av mode and tried many different fstops but never got the background to blurr. Can you do it on the g12? My teacher says that on some point and shoots you are not able to do it..and he is not familiar with the g12...I have a camera specific class at a BBros store in June and can ask then but am curious.
thanks for any help.
MJB answered on April 3, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product