Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Why can't you put Kindle books on wish lists?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 7, 2009 12:58:39 PM PST
Weasel™ says:
The topic says it all...

I'd like to put some Kindle books on my wish list and I would also like to give someone a Kindle book for their Birthday.

Any rational explanation why this isn't possible?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2009 8:45:04 AM PDT
I want to know the answer to and I'm a little disheartnened that you haven't received an answer in the past five months. What gives?

Posted on Sep 4, 2009 2:14:40 PM PDT
I am also interested in this apparently unsupported feature.

My grandmother has a Kindle DX, but isn't so computer savvy as myself. I would like to be able to gift her with books which would then "magically" show up on her device. Is there any way of accomplishing this at present?

(Apologies for this discussion's complete irrelevance to Earth: The Sequel, but it was the thread that came up on Google when I was looking for this topic.)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2009 2:58:45 PM PDT
The only workaround I can think of is to purchase the Kindle book the same day you plan to meet or call her. Then you tell her to open her Kindle and when she sees the new books you wish her a happy birthday (or Merry Christmas or whatever).

Not a perfect solution since it's full of comedic possibilities:

"Open you Kindle, see some new books?"
"No."
"Oh, wait. You need to turn on your wireless."
"My what? How do I do that?"
"Press the menu button like that...no...wait...don't press that!...no, the other button!...gimme that!"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2009 3:09:01 PM PDT
Right. :-) You know it *would* happen that way....

Question remains: How do I purchase a Kindle book and have it show up on HER Kindle?

Posted on Sep 29, 2009 4:50:53 PM PDT
Karen Heine says:
I would also like to put Kindle books on a wish list and rank them similar to my Netflix queue. I hope amazon can figure this out.

Posted on Oct 2, 2009 6:34:51 AM PDT
S. T. Borden says:
Seriously, this is a simple function. There is no reason not to let Kindle users Wishlist things.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2009 8:31:09 AM PDT
>>Question remains: How do I purchase a Kindle book and have it show up on HER Kindle?

You register their Kindle in your Amazon account. To do that you'll need to get the Kindle name and its serial. Basically the same steps you went through when you registered your Kindle. You can register the Kindle when you buy the Kindle book. There is a box on the right side of the page that says "Send Wirelessly to...". Instead of selecting your Kindle, select the item that says "Register a New Kindle". Easy Peasy.

Posted on Oct 2, 2009 10:16:36 AM PDT
Next step: Get this data from her the next time I call. :-) I don't actually have a Kindle, though, just the app for my iPod Touch, so where should I tell her to look for the name on her Kindle? (I assume the serial number is printed on the outside somewhere.)

Other question: Has anyone had any luck registering a Kindle on two Amazon accounts simultaneously? (I suspect my aunt may have registered it with her account when she gave it to my grandmother.)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2009 9:18:43 PM PDT
The serial number is on the back of the Kindle. The name of the Kindle can be found in the home page. To get that info, turn on the Kindle and press the Home button to get to the home page (assuming the owner is reading a book, if not then you are already in the home page). The name will appear in the upper left corner of the Kindle. You can also find it by going to the settings for the device (Home button followed by the Menu button. Use the built in joystick to highlight and select the "Settings" item").

I'm using a Kindle DX. If you are accessing a different Kindle the actions necessary to get the name may be different.

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 12:48:20 PM PST
Ann K says:
How do I see the list of books I have put on my Wish List on my Kindle?
Ann Kinderman
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about