Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
asked by Kevin R. Cope on August 1, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 60 answers
A
I just had the same problem. My linksys router had a built in firewall. I turned that off and was able to connect to Roku
AMARJIT SINGH answered on October 28, 2011
Comments (2) | 7 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the same issues too....I think I am just going to return it...have gone round and round with customer service "online chat" and that was totally pointless....really a shame...but not worth the time spent to get it to work, finally got past the update software phase and now it can't connect to anything yet per the stats I have an "excellent" signal.
Kim answered on December 28, 2011
Comment (1) | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ariene answered on September 16, 2011
Comment (1) | 14 of 20 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Spin Control answered on August 5, 2011
Comment (1) | 10 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Purple Lotus answered on October 14, 2011
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is the answer to this question. I did changed my IP settings to external and now it works! Go to here and follow instructions http://www.scottallen.com/2013/04/how-to-fix-a-roku-that-wont-connect-to-the-internet/
The Car Expert answered on November 14, 2014
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I simply turned off my security options for my router temporarily until Roku finished doing its software update, then turned on my security options again. All is fine now.
A. Truong answered on June 9, 2012
Comment (1) | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had this error with a new roku 2xs. I changed my wifi encryption from aes+tkip to just aes and it worked
S. Castro answered on January 5, 2012
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Same issue. Went online to website and setup an account that way. Went back to my roku and hit try again and went right to updating software.
Catherine B. answered on August 23, 2013
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I not not sure what the problem is but it could have something to do with where and I using the internet. I had no problems when I was at home but I have recently connected to a hotel internet signal during my stay with them and it get the same error. When plugged the ethernet cable in it worked fined. This leaves me to believe either my wireless board is fried, firmware has been lost, or the hotel has some sort of internet filter that prevents devices like Roku and Play Stations to drain their bandwidth.
James V. answered on January 28, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

See all questions about this product