cant connect to roku code 011 just got me roku 2 xds in today and hooked it up. it see's my router and fully connects through to the internet. says i need to update my software before continuing with setup. it makes it to 97% everytime then tells me it cant connect to roku, try again later code 011. called up tech support which is in india somewhere like normal and got to talk with "donald". Nice guy but didnt know a thing. he took me through all his paperwork he had in front of him and none of it worked. He wanted to conference in amazon and return the product but i told him i was willing to wait a day to see if trying again later would actually work. Anyone else have this problem?
asked by Kevin R. Cope on August 1, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 11-20 of 46 answers
A
vote
I have a Cisco router and was getting the same error. I opened Cisco Connect and went to the user preferences. I did two things at once, but the easiest was I had it set to only allow 2 guests. Back when I got the Roku I only had a few devices that needed wireless but now I've got a Kindle, and LG tv, etc. and the Roku was last. I bumped it up. Then instead of trying to use the guest password like I had been, I went into the Add a Connection section, and it gave me the info for the security key. I entered the security key (using WPA), and now had plenty of guest spots open on my router for the Roku and it started downloading updates in seconds.
ceeceedee answered on March 24, 2014

A
votes
What were those steps??
Robert Dykstra answered on October 7, 2011

A
votes
This helped a bunch. I kept putting in my password and could not get it to work until I read your post. Now Roku is working great. Thanks
J. Jones answered on December 15, 2011

A
votes
I had this problem. A day later and two resets and I still had a blank screen that just had the Roku logo. I took the first one back and now this one won't even update before I get code 011.
Sue Mccarthy answered on December 20, 2011

A
votes
How do you change the wifi encryption code? Thanks!
Lee answered on January 16, 2012

A
votes
i got that router and same prob what worked?
Wilinda Ward answered on March 15, 2012

A
votes
wont reconizetemp password
wm lewis answered on July 3, 2012

A
votes
Can't connect to the internet code 010
My two cents worth! answered on November 26, 2012

A
votes
Yes i have the same problem all i get is a blue screenfore the last three days, does anyone know whats worng.
Richard S. answered on December 27, 2012

A
votes
No
Robert S. answered on April 8, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›