I can't get the battery compartment open

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 11, 2009 1:04:11 PM PDT
A. Martin says:
900MHz Wireless Stereo Headphones

Posted on Jun 22, 2010 12:45:53 AM PDT
I used a coaster made of the anti-skid material used like for placemats in travel trailers or shelf lining or in the bottom of tool chests and came off very easy; otherwise it was a challenge

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2010 2:29:00 PM PST
I can't get it off either. Guess I will return them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2010 2:38:53 PM PST
Thanks, that worked great. Saved me a trip back to the store.

Posted on Dec 10, 2010 8:53:21 PM PST
A rubber glove or one of those vinyl pads used to open jars works fine. The function of the little "screw" cover is not defective (it would be a pain if they opened too easily) ... just that the dimple to grip is shallow and any amount of oil (like you would get from your hair!) makes them a bit slippery. This IS NOT an issue ...

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 6:40:49 PM PST
Glenn Myers says:
Opening the battery compartment is an issue these RCA WHP141 wireless headhphones.
I received them for Christmas and still cannot open the battery compartment.

Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 12:47:49 PM PDT
M. Fronk says:
Tried rubber gloves, jar opener, anything that was rough, no luck, nothing should be this hard!!!!

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 6:12:32 PM PDT
Piece of s*it, what kind of engineer designed such a thing, I had to use a knife and now it does not close. The green light does not work, the unit does not work, I am returning the thing!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:02:02 PM PDT
I have to admit ... that I am completely perplexed by this issue. We are on our fourth set of these. We gave one set to hearing impaired friends, we wore out one set and we are now using two sets on one transmitter so hubby and I don't have the volume war on the TV. There was one time where we could not easily get the battery compartment open - put on a rubber glove and it was a piece of cake. These headphones have performed very well for us and others we have recommended them to. The green light will not come on until a few seconds after it is being fed a signal by your TV or component and the red light only comes on when you have the headphones on the charger. If you have it plugged in to your DVD player audio output and you are using the TV but not the DVD player ... the base unit isn't receiving a signal and green light won't go on. JMO

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 3:37:14 PM PST
I had luck with rubber gloves. I could not open them using my bare fingers. Good thing it's rechargeable!

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 6:16:53 PM PDT
Kaushik says:
I was getting ready to return as well. But the Rubber glove got turned into life saver. What a relief!!

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 2:27:16 AM PST
azloafer says:
I wrote the company and asked them what to do to open these things. Of course by this time the cover is full of scuffs. Then I read this post/s about rubber gloves and it worked! If I told anyone that I need rubber gloves to install batteries they would think I was nuts!

Posted on Jan 10, 2015 9:26:50 AM PST
Rubber gloves did not work. What did end of working well was a tiny bit of machine oil around the compartment. That made it move a teeny bit. Then I very gently slid a box cutter razor into the grove. That got it open.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Oct 11, 2009
Latest post:  19 days ago

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
RCA WHP141B 900MHZ Wireless Stereo Headphones
RCA WHP141B 900MHZ Wireless Stereo Headphones by RCA
3.5 out of 5 stars   (1,599)