Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Can you carbonate other liquids, wine, juice, etc.? Can I carbonate juice, wine etc?
asked by VO on June 3, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 24 answers
A
No!!!! Not recommended. It's only supposed to be used to carbonate water only. Carbonating juice or wine can jam up parts on the machine. It also voids the warranty as well so if something happens to it and it needs repairs and they find that you used it to carbonate wine, beer etc then they aren't going to repair it under the warranty.
timetravel answered on June 8, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
C. Chiang answered on July 10, 2012
Comment | 19 of 19 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i tried carbonating wine and as noted it didn't work when I released the bottle it sprayed uncontrolably all over the room!.. saying that the 1/4 cup left in the soda stream bottle tasted great
G. Kimball answered on June 17, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can carbonate any drink you want in the bottle using a MY Pop OLD Fashioned Soda Shoppe. Available at www.mypopsoda.com It costs only 4 cents to make a liter of seltzer.
C. Selman answered on July 16, 2011
Comment | 12 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Don't succumb to the urge! If you try to carbonate other liquids, there's a very high chance that it will foam over/explode as soon as you start to unscrew the bottle from the machine. Even fountain soda machines mix the carbonated water with the syrup after it's been carbonated, so I assume this is a pretty universal issue.

I've had good luck with making seltzer and then mixing it with orange juice to make a really tasty spritzer. Even at 1 part seltzer to 2 parts water, it doesn't taste watery to me.
Chesh answered on July 12, 2011
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I personally tried carbonating wine. It was white Zinfandel. After a few pumps I tried to detach the bottle and it fizzed out and sprayed all over the kitchen. I had to go round with a wet cloth to get all the wine off the counters and cupboards before they got dry and sticky. Lesson learned!!
C. M. Poole answered on July 10, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just tried frozen apple juice concentrate. Thawed it, added about 2/3 of a 12 oz can to slightly less than a liter of carbonated water and it tastes delicious. It tastes just like sparkling apple cider. Can't get a healthier and more natural soda than that!
TonyChilli answered on February 2, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I carbonate the water like normal then have added the cheaper water enhancers like MIO and walmatr brands with great success. I have even taken the powdered grape sugarfree mix and put in enough water to make my own syrup solution and have sparkling grape as good as welches. Putting the powder in directly....? No erg... dont, LOL.
Jake answered on February 11, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
What if you bought frozen apple or orange juice concentrate, thaw to a liquid state and then mix that with the carbonated water? Anyone try that yet?
TonyChilli answered on February 1, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No. They will spew all over your kitchen! There is a warning about it in the guide book
Martin Muravyav answered on February 27, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product