Can I add child carrier seat to the Schwill Meridan Tricycle? I want this tricycle but want to add a carrier seat for my 2 year old - has anyone done this? Is it possible?
asked by Carmen R. Canales on July 23, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
The Ibert is a front child seat, I love mine.
Mello answered on February 11, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Tell us more about it. Where did you find it? How much does it cost? What does it look like. How is it fastened to the bike ? Can you remove it easily...? and yes.. We all love the 3 wheel bike.. Tomorrow is supposed to be warm here in North Louisiana.. We may ride.
Chief Redelk answered on February 11, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought it off amazon.com,here
iBert Safe-T Front Mounted Child Bicycle Seat
Mello answered on February 12, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
YES and NO.. A child would tend to get their hands, dolls, GI Joe, gloves, shirt sleeves,and other things stuck in the rear wheel spokes.. Moving spokes are dangerous..Children riding back there can loose a hand, finger, arm, and even a life... Adding a simple rear child seat is NOT RECOMMENDED.. HOWEVER,,. someone could custom build a child seat for you..
If you removed the basket it would be simple to bolt a piece of ply wood onto the bike using longer bolts similar to the 4 bolts used to secure the basket to the trike frame..That plywood would be a platform for adding a seat...The seat could set in a ply wood box type of device with two sides, a back and even a top for shade.... HOWEVER.. If you custom build a seat you would need to add good fender shields on both sides of the seat to make sure the child does not in any way have access to the spokes...Remember, if children can find a way to get hurt,, they will.... Adding a child seat can be done and it can be safely done, BUT NOT by most people..this is a highly risky business....Proceed at your own risk..If anyone is interested in going into a business making these things to sell.. contact me..I am good at design work. I imagine this is a void that needs to be filled..

Good luck, Chief.
Chief Redelk answered on January 12, 2011
Comment | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
and i've never removed the seat so i dont know about that
Mello answered on February 12, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the ibert on a bike. Love it! It goes on the handlebars, so the kid is up front with you. Plus, it is very, very easy to install, and you can keep an eye on it as you ride. My child likes the front view so much better than riding behind me.
L. Klein answered on April 12, 2012

A
Damn..I have the same question..and You have been waiting since 2010. You kid id ready for his own bike...T2
Timothy T. answered on January 25, 2015
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product