Any chance NBC would bring it back?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2010 8:48:24 AM PDT
I hope that NBC wisens up and revives Studio 60. I'm sure if they got demand for it they would but it's kind of hard to organize a demand (sending e-mails creating fan sites) for a long dead show that didn't quite get enough ratings in the first place.

Posted on Sep 8, 2010 10:14:16 AM PDT
I would love to see another season of Studio 60 - but NBC (the network that cancelled all hour dramas last year and replaced them with the inexpensive "Jay Leno Show") is unlikely to embrace any thing like the mega-expensive Aaron Sorokin show. Once upon a time, a show could spend millions for movie-like quality ("Moonlighting" in the 80's, for example), and the cost could be spread out (or buried) by the network / producers. Not anymore. Even a profitable show will now be cancelled if the network thinks there is a more profitable alternative. Ironically, Studio 60 used this as fodder for it's own drama.

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 2:03:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2011 2:04:43 PM PST
Skyraider says:
Studio 60 is immensely magnetic. Watching the series for the first time (2/11). Cancelled? So I read the nominations and reviews and studied the demographics. Charts reveal the numbers falling off. Economics and forecasts killed the series. But wait. What was the show playing up against? If you put a show you believe in, in a competitive slot that whips it, I might recommend moving it to see if it could mature and pick up a following. To trash it on the basis of being burned against one strong competitor is foolish. Let the series recover and possibly thrive in another slot. This is making the best of a product with potential. How many other potentially successful shows were cancelled based upon on this sort of short-sighted decision making. Spend the bucks now and make the profit later.
One year is the Market Run. Not the driving force.
The show was/is sensational. Make a comeback? Zero possibility. Even I know that. I would have thrown myself under the train to save Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. 2/22/2011

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2013 7:43:42 AM PDT
I totally agree

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 9:32:52 PM PDT
Studio 60 had it all: humor, intelligence, insight, drama, romance, politics and issues from both sides, the whole package. I was deeply disappointed when the series was cancelled and I watch the DVD set once a year. Given the quality, scope and insight Aaron Sorkin displayed with Studio 60, I hoped The Newsroom would equal or even rise above it, but I have been astonished by how mean, petty and vicious Newsroom is. Like Studio 60, it starts with a scene reminiscent of the "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" scene from Network, and both times Sorkin nailed it brilliantly. But in Studio 60 it just got better from there, while in Newsroom it descends into mean-spirited misrepresentation of the liberty movement. Newsroom has one more season to go. After that, I hope Sorkin gets back to something more akin to Studio 60. Until then, I'll keep coming back to watch Season 1 of Studio 60 at the end of each year.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 1, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - The Complete Series
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - The Complete Series by Steven Weber (DVD - 2007)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (959)