Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

Any chance of seeing the rest of the Ghost in the Shell Series on BD?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 31, 2009 6:16:04 PM PST
William Reed says:
Amazon has the first Ghost in the Shell listed as discontinued, and only has the second one for sale.

Any chance of seeing the rest of the series on BD? Also was the first one ever really release and not scrapped in the beginning like many have been leaving waiting for it to come out only to get cancelled?

Posted on Apr 24, 2009 8:38:08 PM PDT
Robert S. says:
the original Ghost in the shell film was rerealeased in Japan last year with some updated visuals on Blu Ray.. maybe it'll make it over here, Id love it if Bandai would redub with Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as the major... that original US voice actress was awful. But the series? GITS:SAC? I dont know. I'm not sure if the framerates they used for television wouldn't look godawful in hi-def.. that is, exposing awkward motion. Part of doing animation for TV is to use the refresh rate of a CRT as a guideline, HD sets refresh much faster.. I dont have the words to convey what Im saying here.. arg.. just worried the tv show would look bad on Blu Ray.

Posted on Jan 2, 2010 6:19:50 PM PST
Both SAC season are on sale in BD in JPN. Its region 1 BD, so it will work on NA BD players. Play-asia has them for ~$400 each.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 3:45:04 AM PDT
GlassAgate says:
I think that Amazon Japan has both the 2.0 version, as well as the
original version, on HD.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 31, 2009
Latest post:  May 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ghost in the Shell 2 - Innocence
Ghost in the Shell 2 - Innocence by Akio Ôtsuka (DVD - 2004)
3.3 out of 5 stars (296)